Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Nice! Not gonna lie, forgot these were on the way. I'm still catching up on that relapse order/other stuff that arrived around that time.

yeah i did not expect it this quick.  i have been on a streak of getting a ton of stuff for uber cheap the past few weeks so i forget all that is coming.  was a nice surprise today.  that and the LOTR extended edition blu ray box set i bought the fiance as an early christmas gift. 

yeah i did not expect it this quick. i have been on a streak of getting a ton of stuff for uber cheap the past few weeks so i forget all that is coming. was a nice surprise today. that and the LOTR extended edition blu ray box set i bought the fiance as an early christmas gift.

Niiiice! I have to rewatch those soon

Since it's almost the end of the year I was thinking we could do a a top 14 albums for this thread. We have a good core of people who consistently post here so lets figure out the top albums for the year- Stoner or not. We could do it on a point system where it ranges  in points from 14 to 1(1st place votes gets 14 and so on). Whenever you have your lists ready post in the thread. I'll keep the totals for everything. I say get in your lists by Christmas day. Post as many albums as you want, but the first 14 on your list will count. I hope everyone is down with this.

Stuff that cane out this year, not what we bought, right? Good thing I keep purchase date in my excel sheet.

What came out this year.  I probably should have mentioned it in my initial post.

I also keep a list of everything i've gotten this year whether it was on vinyl, cd, or digitally. I have to narrow my list down from about 135 albums.Thats going to be real tough.

Since it's almost the end of the year I was thinking we could do a a top 14 albums for this thread. We have a good core of people who consistently post here so lets figure out the top albums for the year- Stoner or not. We could do it on a point system where it ranges  in points from 14 to 1(1st place votes gets 14 and so on). Whenever you have your lists ready post in the thread. I'll keep the totals for everything. I say get in your lists by Christmas day. Post as many albums as you want, but the first 14 on your list will count. I hope everyone is down with this.

I think this is a great idea. Can we keep it stoner/doom/metal specific. Sorry, but I'm gonna hurl if I see something like Taylor Swift win in this thread. Everyone has their own varied tastes, but I find this thread an escape from some of the shit I hate in other threads.

I think this is a great idea. Can we keep it stoner/doom/metal specific. Sorry, but I'm gonna hurl if I see something like Taylor Swift win in this thread. Everyone has their own varied tastes, but I find this thread an escape from some of the shit I hate in other thread

We're looking at you, Juan! ;)

Putting my dimes in the hat (sorry if I fuck up with the year, could be 2013)

Blood Farmers - Headless Eyes

All Them Witches - Lightning at the Door

Goya - 777

Geezer - Gage

Monolord - Empress Rising

Conan - Blood Eagle

Acid King - Zoroaster

Electric Wizard - Time to Die

Earth - Primitive and Deadly

The Well - Samsara

Brant Bjork - Low Desert Punk

Bongripper - Miserable

Wo Fat - The Conjuring

Slomatics - Estron

We're looking at you, Juan! ;)

Naw, there was also talk of Katy Perry in this thread at one point that was making me question what it was really going to be about.

Putting my dimes in the hat (sorry if I fuck up with the year, could be 2013)

Blood Farmers - Headless Eyes

All Them Witches - Lightning at the Door

Goya - 777

Geezer - Gage

Monolord - Empress Rising

Conan - Blood Eagle

Acid King - Zoroaster

Electric Wizard - Time to Die

Earth - Primitive and Deadly

The Well - Samsara

Brant Bjork - Low Desert Punk

Bongripper - Miserable

Wo Fat - The Conjuring

Slomatics - Estron

My list will be very similar with a different order. It will take me some time to figure out dates. I have discovered a lot of music new to me this year that was probably released a while ago.

Naw, there was also talk of Katy Perry in this thread at one point that was making me question what it was really going to be about.

My list will be very similar with a different order. It will take me some time to figure out dates. I have discovered a lot of music new to me this year that was probably released a while ago.

Yeah, mine was not in order, I should have mentioned that...

What about Lightning at the Door. Also a 2013 release but received the vinyl treatment in 2014. If we kept it in, it would top the list for sure :huh:

Also, only stoner/doom explicitly or do we involve psych and the like that branch off and have some of these elements?

Acid King - Zoroaster

Sorry to pick holes in your list dude, but you're off by more than a decade. Closer to two, actually ;)

yeah a user on here was selling off his thou collection and I grabbed a few things.  I have been trying to work on picking up there catalogue but its daunting.  band just hammers out splits.  

they took me a bit to get into but im totally sold.  i think i like some of the Body stuff more but that split they did is really awesome if you have not heard it.

yeah a user on here was selling off his thou collection and I grabbed a few things. I have been trying to work on picking up there catalogue but its daunting. band just hammers out splits.

they took me a bit to get into but im totally sold. i think i like some of the Body stuff more but that split they did is really awesome if you have not heard it.

I think I have it a half-assed listen at some point. I'll give it a real one on your recommendation!