Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

also got an email stating the Hawkeye release on Helmet Lady is delayed... no fault of theirs I suppose but if you're going to take preorders 2-3 months ahead of time you should maybe just add on a week or two for delay... id rather get something early then late

I fully expected this to happen.

Really digging that Minsk...is this a good album(new) to start with as I own nothing of theirs

I would start with their first album,  Out Of A Center Which Is Neither Dead Or Alive, and work your way to their present album. They have 4 full lengths and a split with Unearthly Trance.

There's a handful of titles on doooomed's ebay listings I wouldn't mind getting for under normal pricing. hopefully I dont bang heads with anyone here

Im sure you would be okay. I was scoping some of the stuff i wasnt familiar with and ive said it before and will say it again, there are some horrendous vocals that ruin good underlying music in the stoner doom realm...

Hard to tell, but this is actually the velvet cover. It's printed on slightly fuzzy white stock with gold foil name. I know everyone hates RE, but I dig this band, so I'm pretty happy with how it came out. What other velvet covers are out there? I have the Fuzz one. Also got my Dorthia and Powertrip- Armageddon Blues. This is my RSD, fuck tomorrow's nonsense.

IMG_20150417_152443634_HDR_zpsky9oidv6.j