Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Totally slacked on posting this, but my buddy's label has preorders up for Foehammer. They're a northern VA funeral doom band. If you like it low and slow, cookie monster vocals, check it out. The price is right too! Limited to 50 on clear and 200 on black. Soundcloud sample on the order page.

http://www.australopithecusrecords.com/products/546357-foehammer-foehammer-12

It's been a while since a new band, no matter what style of music they play, blew me away. This band Church did just that. I was completely floored when I heard this song (posted below). I immediately bought the download and I've been listening to it for a few days now without the slightest ounce of getting sick of it. They play an evil and haunting doom style similar to Cough, Windhand, Warhorse, Keeper etc. The vinyl is not expected to be released until sometime in the fall but I will immediately buy it. Church is highly recommended.

Totally slacked on posting this, but my buddy's label has preorders up for Foehammer. They're a northern VA funeral doom band. If you like it low and slow, cookie monster vocals, check it out. The price is right too! Limited to 50 on clear and 200 on black. Soundcloud sample on the order page.

http://www.australopithecusrecords.com/products/546357-foehammer-foehammer-12

I've been on the fence for a while now debating whether I should buy it. Not because I don't think it's that good, it because I have so many other records that I want to buy that take a much higher priority.

geez is that one church song at 19mins? not bad. gotta get used to the vocals.

when it comes to females i primarily only fuck with acid king. i know a lot of you are high on windhand, im not huge on them. i like em just idk not huge. same goes with church. music is good gotta get used to the vocals. with that being said....

Empresssssss Risingggggggg

Dudes, I did so much manly house shit today. I chopped down a tree with chainsaw and dug a garden.  Now I am celebrating with fat gin drinks and Electric Wizard.  I've never been a clear liquor guy, but I really like old man bourbon drinks (Manhattan, Old Fashioned, etc), so this summer I am training myself to like gin (Tom Collins, anything sour and sweet). I bought the RSD Time To Die and and am jamming.  The band rules.  Are you aware?  Also, Community is a great show.  Happy Sunday!

Dudes, I did so much manly house shit today. I chopped down a tree with chainsaw and dug a garden. Now I am celebrating with fat gin drinks and Electric Wizard. I've never been a clear liquor guy, but I really like old man bourbon drinks (Manhattan, Old Fashioned, etc), so this summer I am training myself to like gin (Tom Collins, anything sour and sweet). I bought the RSD Time To Die and and am jamming. The band rules. Are you aware? Also, Community is a great show. Happy Sunday!

Two things you should have known by now:

1) gin is delicious (throw some muddled cilantro, bubble water, a little simple syrup and a squeeze of lemon in there and you've got a hell of a drink)

2) Electric Wizard is awesome. Surprisingly I think their S/T album is my favorite, closely followed by Come My Fanatics.

:)

Nice break on the wallet, though.

I've been doing gin, grapefruit, syrup, and mint. Fuck if it's a thing, but it's good.

yeah that is the fantastic part of it.

i wish i could get into gin.  during one summer two of my friends only drank greyhounds so when i would go to either of their houses i would have to drink it. never got into it.  ill stick with the beer and whiskey/scotch.

Dudes, I did so much manly house shit today. I chopped down a tree with chainsaw and dug a garden.  Now I am celebrating with fat gin drinks and Electric Wizard.  I've never been a clear liquor guy, but I really like old man bourbon drinks (Manhattan, Old Fashioned, etc), so this summer I am training myself to like gin (Tom Collins, anything sour and sweet). I bought the RSD Time To Die and and am jamming.  The band rules.  Are you aware?  Also, Community is a great show.  Happy Sunday!

Did the same while cooking some nice vegetable curry for the lady. Not as manly as some :unsure:

That's a sick record though.  Gave it a first listen and EW definitely brings it it. Some of it has yet to grow on me but the last few tracks really did for me right away.

I went to The Missing Link Tour for night 2 in Vancouver on Friday.

I was most excited to see Mastodon since I haven't seen them since the Crack the Sky/Volcom tour in 2010, which was amazing.  I caught Clutch in Vancouver on the last tour for Earth Rocker in 2013, and of course they were 100% so I was also looking forward to seeing them again.  Having never seen Big Business and been a fan since their beginning I was eager to get in the door early to catch them.

All I can say is that Big Business fucking KILLED it!  Lacking the guitar from the albums I was blown away from the 2 piece bass and drums.  They were super sludgy, even more so than their albums.  These guys gave me a massive musical boner.  Got to meet the drummer Coady at the merch table, super nice guy and signed my record sleeve.

Mastodon was up next, I was less than impressed with Troy's vocals.  Musically they were great, but I was bummed out about Troy's vocals, I was like he was trying to hard.  Brent actually put the most solid vocals down for Mastodon that night, Bran was great considering he is blasting the drums.  I got a bad taste in my mouth from Troy, and it was disappointing.

Clutch was 100% as per usual, Neil was Neil, totally awesome.  JP was JP totally awesome, Tim and Dan were boring to watch they are not Rock Stars, but played to perfection.  I mean if you have seen you know what to expect, a high energy show that is 100% musically there.

Big Business stole the show for me, Clutch came in a close second and Mastodon let me down.

Overall a great show with good merch, picked up Big Business's latest on Clear, Blood Mountain on lime/dark green vinyl, and a Clutch and Mastodon shirt.

Holy Mountain delayed again. Earache sent out emails with pics of the black records they received, and they're scuffed as fuck. Bummersville

I saw that. What concerned me was that they said the plant is "rushing" to get another pressing done. Rushing is what caused the mess in the first place.

In happier news, Monolord appears to be shipping. That should destroy my turntable soon.