Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Seems to be my line of thought looking at most things nowadays. Which I am glad of.  As much as I adore vinyl, it's great to finally realize I don't have to bury every cent under the collection.

Right? I'm down to some main collections now and I grab new stuff occasionally or something that I find that I really like. Lately I'm more likely to pick up jazz/soul/funk or hip-hop stuff.

4 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

You talk about bands i cant get into, Sunn O))) is one of them. Seen them live a few times and enjoy them but any of their records ive owned i never put them on to listen. 

I had a bunch of stuff in my cart for relapse. I bought it all. They ditched free shipping which sucked. Still awesome deals 

It took me a while to get into Sunn O))), I think of them like doom meditation music. I just put it on when I'm doing other things and zoning out.

I wish I needed any of the vinyl they had at Relapse, but I have anything I want from them and other stuff I came to the conclusion I just don't need. Great deals, though.

Edited by lexicondevil

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

It took me a while to get into Sunn O))), I think of them like doom meditation music. I just put it on when I'm doing other things and zoning out.

I wish I needed any of the vinyl they had at Relapse, but I have anything I want from them and other stuff I came to the conclusion I just don't need. Great deals, though.

I almost bought some of the  pig destroyer and agoraphobic nosebleed stuff then realized ill never ever listento it. Was almost buying because it was 40% off. 

Instead used that money to buy some blu rays at best buy for black friday (to which all were available online and didnt have to leave my couch)

Just now, Twistedshabazz said:

Did they fix their shipping so two records isint 9 bucks in shipping? Kinda kills the sale...

Nope. I ended up getting Empress Rising, Salem's Pot - Watch Me Kill You, and The Well - Pagan Science and it worked out to be $51.70 PPD. $9 of that was shipping. : (

Damn it. Still caved and bought the other Cough album. I kind of wanted it though and justified it to myself merely on the basis of the 40% code still working after considering and sleeping on the decision. Next time I'll be stronger. We need some sort of accountability thing.

Also, my Sabbath list based on those which I consider myself acquainted enough with to rate.

Spoiler

Jokes, obviously =)

S/T

Paranoid

Master Of Reality

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Vol 4

Sabotage

Edited by JoshuaNilk

On 26.11.2016 at 1:44 AM, Santa Bateman said:

also black tomb on totem cat. 2lp. they're overseas right?  not sure if I've ordered with them.before. probably haven't

France, one great distro. Dude Ewenn who runs it is a top bloke and is always doing his best to help out and going beyond really.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

I think i saw steve mention on facebook that they would start shipping out next week. Guess he didnt have them in hand?

the record is also quickly selling out, aka over half the obi editions still available and it was on sale 3 weeks ago...

Edited by Twistedshabazz

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I think i saw steve mention on facebook that they would start shipping out next week. Guess he didnt have them in hand?

the record is also quickly selling out, aka over half the obi editions still available and it was on sale 3 weeks ago...

Many of the records seem to be hanging around longer. I think people are getting weary of the pricing. It also doesn't help that there seem to be a lot of ho hum, IMO, doom bands that are getting pressed to vinyl. I haven't been all that excited about the stoner doom stuff being released lately and the ever rising prices make me hold onto my cash for something special. If the price trend and music quality at STB continues, I doubt I will be buying much from them in the future. It's a bummer because they were a pretty solid label. On one hand, I wonder if I'm getting burnt on the genre, but then something like Black Tomb or a Dopethrone e.p. is released and I get stoked.

5 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Many of the records seem to be hanging around longer. I think people are getting weary of the pricing. It also doesn't help that there seem to be a lot of ho hum, IMO, doom bands that are getting pressed to vinyl. I haven't been all that excited about the stoner doom stuff being released lately and the ever rising prices make me hold onto my cash for something special. If the price trend and music quality at STB continues, I doubt I will be buying much from them in the future. It's a bummer because they were a pretty solid label. On one hand, I wonder if I'm getting burnt on the genre, but then something like Black Tomb or a Dopethrone e.p. is released and I get stoked.

I've definitely been getting a bunch of other genre stuff over stoner/doom lately .

@lexicondevil you're not based out of Pittsburgh are you? I keep thinking there's someone I pretty regularly agree with who is. I need record store advice for there.

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've definitely been getting a bunch of other genre stuff over stoner/doom lately .

@lexicondevil you're not based out of Pittsburgh are you? I keep thinking there's someone I pretty regularly agree with who is. I need record store advice for there.

Naw, I'm down the road from you in Oakland.

16 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Thats me.  When you coming down? what can I help with?

3 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Thats me.  When you coming down? what can I help with?

There we go! We're getting there on the 5th to visit the fam and if I get a chance to go to a record store it'll probably only be one. Do you have a favorite or recommendation of which one to go to? I'll get maybe 2 hours away to browse if I'm lucky if that helps.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

There we go! We're getting there on the 5th to visit the fam and if I get a chance to go to a record store it'll probably only be one. Do you have a favorite or recommendation of which one to go to? I'll get maybe 2 hours away to browse if I'm lucky if that helps.

Sent you a PM!

Just in case you didn't know, Battleground is doing a silent auction for test pressings. All proceeds are going to Planned Parenthood. I think the bidding ends sometime today and they will announce the winners tomorrow. I bid on CHRCH. I wanna win it, but feel free to outbid me. It would be great if Planned Parenthood got as much money as possible. Scroll down to the FB post.