Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Not bad...but a little too post-rocky/twinkly for my doom tastes. Welcome to the boards.

I know, it's not quite doom, not quite stoner, maybe a bit post-rock/metal, but it has elements of all that I like. But twinkly? Not sure what you mean by that.

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a cool place. I've already discovered a bunch of new stuff and spent a bunch of money I don't have because of this place.

I know, it's not quite doom, not quite stoner, maybe a bit post-rock/metal, but it has elements of all that I like. But twinkly? Not sure what you mean by that.

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a cool place. I've already discovered a bunch of new stuff and spent a bunch of money I don't have because of this place.

Haha, the guitars are sometimes...twinkly? I donno, it's just how I describe them sometimes.

The lower one is an untitled RSD exclusive put out by Blackest Rainbow, two tracks on it. Upper one is Bethmoora which was released by the end of the bygone year. It has to be one of the best-looking LP's on the shelf.

Unfortunately the copy I got has some colour residue from the plant so the last two sides have some clicking noise which is a huge bummer. I was thinking whether to write the label but it was LTD to 100 pre-order only so I don't think there's a chance of getting a replacement.

10890542_784191904951599_1509440000_n.jp

Also, all you dudes who didn't pillage Seventh Rule during their previous sale, there's another chance to do so.

They're giving a 20% discount with 'loveremovalmachete'

http://shop.seventhrule.com/collections/vinyl

So bummed that Indian broke up. Just bought my first album of theirs through SR. I highly suggest you do so as well, superb looking double LP at just 18$.

indian_tus_cover_300dpi_compact.jpg?v=13

Stoked to see Helmet Lady Records signed 1886 and will put out their album Before The Fog Covers The Mount.  Been listening to that album for the past couple of weeks and really digging it. 

Psycho California fest announced the breakup of Indian a couple of weeks back, then announced they had gotten Bongzilla to take their place.  Nobody else had confirmed it then though, sad to see it's true.  Drove to Chicago to see them, along with Bible of the Devil.  Sadly I don't remember the concert.  ....the downside to drinking 6 hours prior to the show.