Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Goddamn I love Windhand. Anyone else order the Dorthia record? Can't wait to get that.

Will do once it reaches an EU distro. A bit steep for the shipping, no LTD version either so not scrambling to get it just yet.

I would wait for the wax on this but seeing as I'm going to wait and t's streaming in full on Forcefield's bandcamp, it's playing as I type.

https://forcefieldrecords.bandcamp.com/album/s-t

One more thing. An easy way to be certain. The first pressing jacket is a matte finish. 

yeah i checked that.  sleeve definitely has a glossy look to it.

I have the 1st press on black, but it is only standard gram vinyl. I think all presses from the 2nd to 7th are all on 180 gram. I'm not 100% positive on this though.

Got In the Company of Serpents' Of the Flock yesterday and am blown away by the packaging. Probably the nicest of any LP I own. The outer sleeve is actually an envelope, with a wax stamp of the band's logo on the flap (doesn't go over the edge though, so you don't have to break it to open it). And the black/white swirl is gorgeous.

0001963009_10.jpg

(I think "VANFARTS" will still get you 10% off from their bandcamp page.)

Got In the Company of Serpents' Of the Flock yesterday and am blown away by the packaging. Probably the nicest of any LP I own. The outer sleeve is actually an envelope, with a wax stamp of the band's logo on the flap (doesn't go over the edge though, so you don't have to break it to open it). And the black/white swirl is gorgeous.

0001963009_10.jpg

Never heard them and listened to it today. That rules and will buy with next pay check. Thank you for posting.

0001963009_10.jpg

I wonder if this is now sold out...this morning, half the merch that was available is no longer showing.

Just got a chance to listen to the new Acid King - Middle of Nowhere, Center of Everywhere

HOLY SHIT!!! The walls were rattling and felt like they were going to collapse on me. 

I want that tiger splatter, but I just can't justify having the record shipped from Europe when the band is located about 10 minutes across a bridge from me. I know the label isn't here, but it just irks me. We need more American doom labels.

I want that tiger splatter, but I just can't justify having the record shipped from Europe when the band is located about 10 minutes across a bridge from me. I know the label isn't here, but it just irks me. We need more American doom labels.

I bought the Tiger splatter but I was able to afford it because I had just received my income tax check when it was put up for preorder. I'm actually a little surprised that this variant is still available. I'm definitely looking forward to this release.