Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I like all of their albums really, minus St Anger and Death Magnetic.  Yes, they changed.  I get it.  They aren't the same band as they were when they were pissed off, young, and moneyless.  Load and ReLoad were good in their own rite.  Had some new band that wasn't Metallica put out those songs Im sure people would have gobbled them up.  Fix the drum sound on St Anger and it makes 3 songs listenable.  Death Magnetic I liked upon first listen, but it got stale really really fast.  ...I used to massively collect Metallica when I was younger.  Even had some of my art show up on a couple of bootlegs that were put out by other collectors.  I can't remember the last time I picked up a Met album though.  I sold off my collection to buy records I actually wanted to listen to.  I realized nobody needs 150 Metallica bootlegs or 20 copies of Ride The Lightning.

In doom related news, really bummed that Earache pushed back the Sleep FDR releases.  Im willing to bet it has to do with pressing plants being busy for RSD. 

Yeah. That's a bummer and probably accurate.  I think I've decided I'll probably pick up No Life Til Leather or whatever on RSD, even though I hate tapes. Why not? at $9 and 10000 copies it won't be hard to come by or justify buying. It'll probably see a vinyl release later on though.

But yeah. I agree. I even have some friends who actually really like Saint Anger...I've personally never even listened to it.

They're good. I enjoy them. As a kid the first stuff I heard from them was S&M and Black Album and I loved them, so they've got a spot in my heart. I haven't spend enough time with Load or ReLoad to really have an educated opinion on them.

I made the decision to sell off all my records of music i bought and listened to endlessly when i first got into music. I really enjoy metallica, seen them a few times and listened to the albums endlessly. Anymore i never have the desire to put on any of their records. If it comes on xm radio ill listen to a song but becides that like quail said, id rather put my funds towards things i will actually listen to and enjoy and if inwant to hear metallica its been repressed a million times and can walk into a record store and buy ride the lightning for 15 bucks.

I made the decision to sell off all my records of music i bought and listened to endlessly when i first got into music. 

I have had two giant purges of my collection where I cut my collection by at least a third each time. I will tell you that anything that meant a lot to you at one time, will probably mean a lot to you later. Yes, you can buy another copy again, but something about having the original copy that you listened endlessly to is satisfying. Most of the records sold were no big deal, but I let go of a good handful of records that I really regret. If you have any ounce of sentimentality in you, you might want to just hang onto some of them, unless you're really broke. That is the lesson I've learned.

Any of you folks in Canada who don't own the S/T Electric Wizard album on vinyl, Amazon.ca is doing a preorder for the next pressing at $23 CAD. Pretty good. I actually had a $10 credit with them, so even after shipping mine came out to $23 CAD...$19 ppd doesn't seem too shabby to finally finish off my E Wiz collection.

I have had two giant purges of my collection where I cut my collection by at least a third each time. I will tell you that anything that meant a lot to you at one time, will probably mean a lot to you later. Yes, you can buy another copy again, but something about having the original copy that you listened endlessly to is satisfying. Most of the records sold were no big deal, but I let go of a good handful of records that I really regret. If you have any ounce of sentimentality in you, you might want to just hang onto some of them, unless you're really broke. That is the lesson I've learned.

I get that. Most of the stuff that i listened to endlessly was cds i bought at like 12 when i found music that i really liked that wasnt what my parents listened to. When i first started collecting vinyl id say 80% of that stuff i still have because its items ill probably never get tired of. The only stuff i really purged was like all my power violence stuff that i listen to now and just have zero patience for it. I look back and go how was i blasting this at 14?

And these are reasons why I will never get "things that matter to me" tattooed on me.

Got a half sleeve of a cuttlefish, because they're neat animals, and ladies on my leg that are related to a book I like, but my tattoo artist's interpretation of them...so they aren't really, and one that is the symbol of the town I grew up in. I guess that one means something...but just that I grew up there and liked it, really.

And these are reasons why I will never get "things that matter to me" tattooed on me.

Got a half sleeve of a cuttlefish, because they're neat animals, and ladies on my leg that are related to a book I like, but my tattoo artist's interpretation of them...so they aren't really, and one that is the symbol of the town I grew up in. I guess that one means something...but just that I grew up there and liked it, really.

All of my tattoos meant something to me at one point or another.

I realized i have no amen ra on vinyl in my life, only cds. Anyone know of any US distributors that have the stuff? All i have been finding is imports

https://neurotrecordings.merchtable.com/mobile/products/artists/amenra/amenra-mass-v-2xlp

http://www.gileadmedia.net/distrodirectory/amenravvovnds-split-12/

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it, I'm not straight edge, but I think the tattoo is great, That's what matters. However I just think the space could have been used more wisely. Which is what I'm going to do.

Tattoos are memories man, even if you grow out of it, it was a part of your life!

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it, I'm not straight edge, but I think the tattoo is great, That's what matters. However I just think the space could have been used more wisely. Which is what I'm going to do.

Tattoos are memories man, even if you grow out of it, it was a part of your life!

True, true.

I wish I'd placed my hometown symbol differently, so I get the better use of space thing.

I posted this in the Amazon cheap vinyl thread, but thought it might spark some interest here too:

Celeste - Animale(s) for $6.37 Cdn: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FYBDEJ4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3SNQRUZQCXR73.

Shipping in Canada is $3.49 and it looks like about $8 to the US.

This is a steal. . . only 5 copies left from this seller at this price