Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I bought a copy on blue last night but I do have a few complaints about Riding Easy Records. I wanted to purchase a CD as well as the record but it wouldn't allow me to add the CD to my order. If I wanted the CD I had to place a second order to do so. I decided to pass. Never have I encountered a website that forces you to do that. Also, $6 for media mail seems a bit excessive. Also, I guess I've become spoiled, but I sort of expect a digital download whenever I buy a record. I don't understand why this label does not provide you with one. My record player is not my only means of listening to music. I also have my car, my iPod and my computer at work. Also, the price the label charges for its records seems somewhat high to me, especially for a single LP. I understand a business owner is expected to make a profit but over inflated prices will definitely discourage customers from buying from this label. End of rant.

I bought a copy on blue last night but I do have a few complaints about Riding Easy Records. I wanted to purchase a CD as well as the record but it wouldn't allow me to add the CD to my order. If I wanted the CD I had to place a second order to do so. I decided to pass. Never have I encountered a website that forces you to do that. Also, $6 for media mail seems a bit excessive. Also, I guess I've become spoiled, but I sort of expect a digital download whenever I buy a record. I don't understand why this label does not provide you with one. My record player is not my only means of listening to music. I also have my car, my iPod and my computer at work. Also, the price the label charges for its records seems somewhat high to me, especially for a single LP. I understand a business owner is expected to make a profit but over inflated prices will definitely discourage customers from buying from this label. End of rant.

You have hit the nail on the head for the reasons people are fed up with riding easy. Also with that six dollar media mail there is no tracking and from people who have talked to the guy who runs it he can be a jerk. Its making it hard for me to pay 30 bucks on a record i want but dont want to support that.

Yeah...This is the last I'll rant about it, but I can't support this label any more. Dude was a real dick to me when I asked him a while back about whether or not he knew if Salem's Pot would be selling the Windhand split online, or only at shows...only to turn around and sell one of those variants to someone on the board here.

He talks tons of shit to anyone who has a different opinion from him, but spouts off about all kinds of shit online all the time, and then tells people if they disagree with him not to order from him.

I ordered Blackout on black since it was $15, immediately regretted it and within probably 15 minutes emailed him asking to cancel my order if possible. Waited a day, tried contacting him through the website about it, then waited 3 more days before getting an "order completed" email. So he didn't even acknowledge that I had asked him to cancel my order and say, "nah, can't do it." which I would have been fine with, he just ignored my question altogether and sent me a record I had decided I didn't want.

In all honesty, I probably would have ordered Monolord and then been done with him anyway, but now since I spent $21 after shipping on a single LP that probably has a flimsy-ass cover (like all his releases) I don't really dig, I won't even be doing that.

So, yeah. Dude is a fuckwad.

He has to make a ton of money off this shit too, because he's always traveling around with the bands and taking vacations it seems like.

Sucks too, since I'll soon have more disposable income due to my new job. If he had ever once been even remotely cordial in our dealings I would probably still buy stuff from him, but he can't be bothered to treat people like human beings. Over it.

I completely agree with everything said about Riding Easy. I've asked him questions and he's never written back. It does really suck that he doesn't include a DL considering the prices and that even most $13 records come with a code. It's really only going to take one more thing to make me give him the finger. It is interesting that his stuff doesn't seem to be selling as quickly as other labels. A sure sign people are tired of his crap.

I completely agree with everything said about Riding Easy. I've asked him questions and he's never written back. It does really suck that he doesn't include a DL considering the prices and that even most $13 records come with a code. It's really only going to take one more thing to make me give him the finger. It is interesting that his stuff doesn't seem to be selling as quickly as other labels. A sure sign people are tired of his crap.

The only good thing I have to say about him is that he does at least try to keep stuff in print for the most part...in the most ass way possible, printing up tiny pressings of shit.

In all honesty, If he did a repress of Salem's Pot - Watch Me Kill You, I'd probably buy it.  :unsure:

I've been able to avoid dealing with him. Though, I was a bit disgusted when I purchased Monolord last night and had to pay $6 shipping THREE TIMES because I couldn't order anything together. I would write him asking to combine shipping, but from the sound of things, I wouldn't get a response.

I will continue to support because, ultimately, I dig the music. However, I get a lot more joy buying from STB or from bands directly on bandcamp.

I've been able to avoid dealing with him. Though, I was a bit disgusted when I purchased Monolord last night and had to pay $6 shipping THREE TIMES because I couldn't order anything together. I would write him asking to combine shipping, but from the sound of things, I wouldn't get a response.

I will continue to support because, ultimately, I dig the music. However, I get a lot more joy buying from STB or from bands directly on bandcamp.

Yeah, I seriously can not say enough good things about STB and Steve who runs it. That dude is a saint.

id rather pay more and order from all that is heavy than pay maybe a bit less than RE. or even discogs/ebay.

i agree about stb. if stb put out a bag of dog poop with a biscuit in it, id order it cause steve is a pretty cool guy. stb>everyone else

See, my problem is that it's still benefiting RE even if you order from ATiH. I just can't buy his releases anymore.

STB for LIFE!

Facebook contest. They asked what you liked best about rock club bathrooms. My answer was free mints and chewing ice. 8)

Ha! Nice.

Waiting to see if a friend wants to go, if he can't would you?

I want to so badly, but I can't :( I've got a ton of work to knock out and an early day tomorrow since It's my last day and I don't want to leave my boss in the lurch.  He's having a tough time with me leaving.

Thanks for the offer though!

Late joining the argument, but I'm torn. Monolord put out my favorite doom record last year, but like most of you, I'm don't want to give RE my money. Hopefully I can find a copy secondhand and I won't feel as and. It sucks to not support an artist because their label is dysfunctional, but here we are.

I missed out on getting a ticket. I get concert updates, but they sent me a update after it was sold out. They should have booked a bigger venue.

Agreed on bigger venue. I keep hoping they'll announce that it's moved and open up more tickets for people who missed out.