Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think you guys should sit back and smoke a little more weed and relax about the riding easy thing. I don't see much of a difference in the stuff Steve does vs what RE does. The guys at RE might be a dick but steves stuff is expensive as well. He's a great dude and Ill buy most of his releases but he's still expensive and does a shitload of unnecessary variants.

That being said, I didn't buy the new monolord, I'll get it sometime down the road eventually

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think you guys should sit back and smoke a little more weed and relax about the riding easy thing. I don't see much of a difference in the stuff Steve does vs what RE does. The guys at RE might be a dick but steves stuff is expensive as well. He's a great dude and Ill buy most of his releases but he's still expensive and does a shitload of unnecessary variants.

That being said, I didn't buy the new monolord, I'll get it sometime down the road eventually

I hear that. The pricing is only kind of annoying to me though It's more that I think the dude running RE is a dick than anything else for me. Specifically that I felt like he was a dick toward me personally on one occasion and completely ignored me on another.

That said, starting my new job, I'm not sure what their drug testing policy is, so I haven't been able to smookabouwl lately. Maybe that's some of it.

i know steve's stuff is just as expensive as RE but it seems the product is 100x better for what you are paying.  my spelljammer from RE was in a flimsy cover, no DL code and no real special inserts with it.  for the same price you can get the not so standard or obi edition (i cant remember how much that spelljammer cost) where he gives you DL codes, other free goodies and a packaging that is killer and vinyl that isint just opaque (insert color). 

Totally agree with you on that. Dude isn't on his colour game at all. Has been using the default options from the plant they use forever. At least if you're going to ask a premium price for something the product better fit the bill. When it comes to quality, it all doesn't add up. And I need not mention the test presses.

So far I've only bought The Well's Samsara and the Windhand/Salem's Pot split because they were some of my favourite releases of last year. Other than that can't really be bothered to get anything else. Seems my interest in checking out the bands on there has waned as well due to the fact that I just don't respect how the label operates.

It all smells of making an easier buck for less effort.

On another note, kind of interested to see how well Harvey Milk sells. I'd really like to jump on that but the Euro is so weak it's pretty much equal to the Dollar. Not a good time to buy international.

i know steve's stuff is just as expensive as RE but it seems the product is 100x better for what you are paying.  my spelljammer from RE was in a flimsy cover, no DL code and no real special inserts with it.  for the same price you can get the not so standard or obi edition (i cant remember how much that spelljammer cost) where he gives you DL codes, other free goodies and a packaging that is killer and vinyl that isint just opaque (insert color). 

My only hope is that the bands on RE are being paid well, though I have my doubts.

There's a local festival called Crucial Fest happening here in a couple months. Any suggestions for bands that I should be familliarizing myself with before the event?

11069559_826363280771671_507768651666039

I'd check out:

Goatsnake

Dead Meadow

Rosetta

Kowloon Walled City

Uzala

Norska

Samothrace

Lesbian

Cold Blue Mountain

Cult Leader

Eagle Twin

There's a local festival called Crucial Fest happening here in a couple months. Any suggestions for bands that I should be familliarizing myself with before the event?

11069559_826363280771671_507768651666039

Don't know many of those bands but I love me some Kowloon walled city.   Check em out

https://kowloonwalledcity.bandcamp.com/