Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I'll paypal you a dollar a week, unless we form a gin aficionado union??? 

PM'd you my PayPal.

If we can work out a good central time like 8est, 11pst. I think it would be all good. My spouse is usually at work until 10 or 12 pm est. So no holds barred!

I'm still in, but do you even time zone bro? So many zones! 

<3

I guess I kind of went all network television on everyone! Douchey networks, douchey Joto!

I'd still season pass you bro. In all zones.

On an unrelated note, hit the $wap Shop this weekend and picked up original presses of The Number of the Beast, Somewhere in Time and Master of Puppets. 

The guy says he'll be back (date redacted) with 2K more LPs.

I would love to do a day of the week where we all play the same record, kick back, drink a beer, and discuss the awesomeness. Almost like a book club, digitized, and replace the books with doom records. This is OUR small talk thread, and it rocks! Also, I am drinking gin and it always makes me socialize and be creative, so If I am being stupid just let me know...kindly :(

Edit: Jon Cream Face, I feel like we think A LOT a like. Mainly when you used the word catalogue. I just got done using that word in the Daisy repress thread never see many people use it an you did! You, Jared, and I would make one hell of a trifecta!

Second edit: Not separating us three from the rest of the group, I feel mighty common to Metal Mike too! Everyone in here is awesome, some people just click though.

Drink a beer? Do you know what thread you're in? Are you lost?

:)

Working list so far. (I almost want to put that Taylor Swift album on here...but I don't want anyone to lose their shit ;))

My shit just got lost!

If any of you make it out to the Bay Area, my good buddy is opening up a gin focused bar called Whitechapel. I'm not a gin fan, but he is going to do his best to get me into it. I'm more into rum, so his other bar, Smuggler's Cove, is more up my alley. I have a long story about why I don't do gin that involves Bang Tango, Hollywood, a fight, hitchiking, and passing out on the street. Better told in person.

The only thing I can think of for my list of 14 is Monolord at #1. The dates of releases are making things tougher.

About to get scammed out of 120 bucks from a guy I sold to on facebook. Said he get his record warped, thinks the groves were melted flat or some shit?! Filed a dispute with paypal, you know who will win. I must have sold hundred of records without a problem. Guy was all pushy/angry, immediately talking about paypal disputes before I could even ask him anything. Got super pissy over me asking him questions as if I should refund 120 without any questions asked. Then after he opened the dispute he tried to extort more records from me instead of getting a refund. Yep, I'll be getting screwed over a barrel before Christmas...

edit: he even mentioned he was going to sell the album and now he is completely out.

My shit just got lost!

If any of you make it out to the Bay Area, my good buddy is opening up a gin focused bar called Whitechapel. I'm not a gin fan, but he is going to do his best to get me into it. I'm more into rum, so his other bar, Smuggler's Cove, is more up my alley. I have a long story about why I don't do gin that involves Bang Tango, Hollywood, a fight, hitchiking, and passing out on the street. Better told in person.

The only thing I can think of for my list of 14 is Monolord at #1. The dates of releases are making things tougher.

:)

Monolord iiiiiis super solid, and I love gin. I'd be into that bar!

About to get scammed out of 120 bucks from a guy I sold to on facebook. Said he get his record warped, thinks the groves were melted flat or some shit?! Filed a dispute with paypal, you know who will win. I must have sold hundred of records without a problem. Guy was all pushy/angry, immediately talking about paypal disputes before I could even ask him anything. Got super pissy over me asking him questions as if I should refund 120 without any questions asked. Then after he opened the dispute he tried to extort more records from me instead of getting a refund. Yep, I'll be getting screwed over a barrel before Christmas...

edit: he even mentioned he was going to sell the album and now he is completely out.

Laaaaaaaame. Fuck that dude.

You've got an address. Surely one of us lives within an hour and is willing to exact retribution.

Apparently he is a semi retired pro wrestler who is good friends with Billy Corgan... I am going to post out convo in a spoiler so it doesn't spam up the board.

Joseph D Cabibbo

Hey Joshua, I got a problem. The Manson album came to me horribly warped. Not sure if it happened in transit or what but its skipping like crazy. I can send you video to show you what I mean. This record is trashed man.

Joshua Our

8:17pm

Joshua Our

To be honest, I've never ad an issue with what I sold coming to someone warped. Please don't think I don't believe you but I almost have to see a video. I have no money to refund I bought baby clothes, all this stuff. I am scared shitless right now. I've never had something like this happen, and never expected it to happen on the most expensive record I have ever sold.

Joshua Our

8:17pm

Joshua Our

If you need a refund I will need a month or two to pay it back

I have tons of feedback, so I am not a scum bag and never sold anything bad to anyone

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:18pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

hold on ill send a video man.

ill need an email address to send it to.

bro this record is toast man.

the video shows how warped it is, you can see it bouncing and the needle cant catch up.

Joshua Our

8:23pm

Joshua Our

I swear to god it was perfect when I sent it, just so you know it must have happened during shipping somehow. I never had a problem before, I am not arguing with you I just want you to know I am not a bad seller. My email is [email protected]

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:24pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

well, this record is trashed so you are the seller, you must take responsibility.

Joshua Our

8:25pm

Joshua Our

I completely understand. I am not trying to back out of it

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:25pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

sent.

I was gonna use this to sell, I need the money too man.

Joshua Our

8:29pm

Joshua Our

checking my email now

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:30pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

I'm not sure if the box its in has something to do with it warping or if it was put in extreme heat. But this record is worthless.

I wouldnt have cared so much but I spent 120 on it.

Joshua Our

8:31pm

Joshua Our

extreme heat is not likely on my end anyhow, and probably not likely in this season, i had this box mailed to me and it wasn't arped when I got it so it truly is a mystery, about to open the mail now.

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:32pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

I'm saying that maybe it suffered extreme heat in the shipment. I dunno.

Joshua Our

8:33pm

Joshua Our

just to make sure, is your needle new or dusty? I am not seeing a warp in the video

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:33pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

trust me, there is a warp.

Joshua Our

8:34pm

Joshua Our

can you take some photos?

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:37pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

you are killing me man, Ill just go through paypal.

I just put on SLEEP and it played perfect, this MM record jumps and skips because its warped.

my needle is a brand new orofon

the record is trashed.

Joshua Our

8:38pm

Joshua Our

your asking me to refund 120 dolars without asking any questions?

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:39pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

no, I sent you a video. it clearly shows

its live and a pic is still

Joshua Our

8:40pm

Joshua Our

there is no need to act so aggressive, I am trying to do whatever I need to so on my end to make sure what is going on. It does not clearly show a warp You are being overly pushy about this situation I need to figure out all aspects here. You don't know me, I don't know you. Give me a chance here

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:40pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

ok.

im just frustrated.

Joshua Our

8:41pm

Joshua Our

I understand man, I am too. I'm trying to figure out whats going on, cook my kid dinner, I just need a second

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:42pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

ok

Joseph D Cabibbo

8:49pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

I just sent you another video and you can easily see it warped and you can see the needle jumping off the record.

Joshua Our

8:55pm

Joshua Our

Can you please give me until tomorrow to see what rights I have as a seller. This is a big sum of money for both of us. I'm not trying to scam here I just don't ave money to give. I would like to talk to paypal and see my protection as a seller

Joshua Our

9:09pm

Joshua Our

I've been on the phone with paypal, and they advised me that I politely ask you to open a dispute so whoever they decide is right or wrong it is all documented. I am sorry this happened. I have sold hundred of records, never had this issue. We will work this out there.

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:11pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

Yeah I'll open a dispute and they will settle on I return it and you refund the money once tracking arrives. If the money is not in account it will be taken from cc or bank account.

Joshua Our

9:12pm

Joshua Our

Sounds like you have experience. We'll get it settled though. You know you have no need to worry.

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:15pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:15pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

Make sure you have money in your account or you'll get bounced fees at bank.

Joshua Our

9:16pm

Joshua Our

Yes sir

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:30pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

ok I filed a complaint. Man this sucks, I wish this record didn't get trashed, I was so psyched to get it.

maybe we could replace it so you dont get strapped for cash.

do you have anything else like that? any 90"s stuff?

Joshua Our

9:33pm

Joshua Our

I am so fricking sorry any of this happened I truly am. I don't even want to sell records anymore. If you ever have to ask about my character you can ask anyone on that group everyone has been more than satisfied with what they got from me. I pack well, ship quick and never send bunk records. I truly do not know what happened. this is my collection. Take a look. I have to do the dishes and clean this house before my wife gets home

Joshua Our

9:33pm

Joshua Our

https://deadformat.net/collection/Jotorobo

I added that tracking the lady I spoke to said I would need it

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:37pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops (White)

Sleep - Dopesmoker (green translucent with black splatter)

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

how about those 3 for a trade?

Electric Wizard - Time to Die

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Blood Lust (Black,Purple,White Tri-Color)

Joshua Our

9:40pm

Joshua Our

Can we do the first three?

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:40pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control (Silver)

how about SLEEP, Smashing Pumpkins, Electric Wizard

Joshua Our

9:42pm

Joshua Our

I've got two electric wizards coming in this week, its kind of a collection I would like to keep

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:42pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

ok, how about instead of Electric Wizard both of the Uncle Acid

2 Uncle Acid, Smashing Pumpkins, SLEEP

Joshua Our

9:43pm

Joshua Our

I can't I would do Electric Wizard before those two

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:43pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

ok, im trying here

Electric Wizard, Sleep and SP?

Joshua Our

9:44pm

Joshua Our

I have to let you know too, I don't have any boxes to ship at the moment, expecting some in the mail sometime within this week

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:44pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

ok, by then the dispute will handle it all. i was just trying to help you not have to pay it back. no worries from me, money is good too.

Joshua Our

9:45pm

Joshua Our

I literally don't have boxes, I'm sure you don't want me to make some myself

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:46pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

it's cool.

ok, im off...keep in touch.

Joshua Our

9:48pm

Joshua Our

Ok, I will.

I don't see your last response, but I will keep in touch

Joseph D Cabibbo

9:55pm

Joseph D Cabibbo

You know what? I'm convinced this got melted. It's so weird because the record is warped flat too. The stylus moves left and right trying to stay in the grooves.

Joshua Our

10:29pm

Joshua Our

how could it have melted? Could it be from sitting in a usps truck all day?

everything I sell gets play tested before it leaves the door. I have gotten some pretty hot packages from ups trucks before

was the plastic covering the shirt wilted at all?

Apparently he is a semi retired pro wrestler who is good friends with Billy Corgan... I am going to post out convo in a spoiler so it doesn't spam up the board.

Getting something jacked up sucks, but my gut (not having seen the videos) is fuck this guy.

Hopefully, you met whatever criteria PayPal requires. 

Getting something jacked up sucks, but my gut (not having seen the videos) is fuck this guy.

Hopefully, you met whatever criteria PayPal requires. 

I saw the videos, I have also owned warped records. It didn't seem to me like they were warped. It almost made me think he had the needle in the right spot at the beginning of the record in the deadwax where it doesn't jump in to the grooves.

I saw the videos, I have also owned warped records. It didn't seem to me like they were warped. It almost made me think he had the needle in the right spot at the beginning of the record in the deadwax where it doesn't jump in to the grooves.

Y'know, something I got recently, maybe Crypt Trip, is like that where you need to drop the needle further in or it doesn't take.

That being said, fuck that guy. Escalated way to quickly.

The part that throws me is where he says he's going to sell it, but then at one point also says "I was so excited for this to come in." What, were you going to sell it, or were you excited to get it and play it?

Y'know?

Y'know, something I got recently, maybe Crypt Trip, is like that where you need to drop the needle further in or it doesn't take.

That being said, fuck that guy. Escalated way to quickly.

The part that throws me is where he says he's going to sell it, but then at one point also says "I was so excited for this to come in." What, were you going to sell it, or were you excited to get it and play it?

Y'know?

Exactly, from the very beginning of the sale he was talking about saving the link from the sales thread in the notes on paypal, as if he has done this before. IN the same group he posted his picture of his RSD buys and he has two of everything.. One guy who is a member here was like "just curious, why did you buy to of everything?" He never responded. Sad part is he will probably win, and I'll get screwed.