Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Only 30 colored copies of the new Mothership album will be available to the general public, the rest were sold through their gofundme page.

They go up at 10am CST here http://ripplemusic.bigcartel.com/product/mothership-ii-vinyl-lp-extreme-limited-edition

$30 is kind of steep, not sure im going to do it but I thought you guys might want the chance.

Just got off the phone with USPS. Man, they're usually the best option...but also, fuck those guys.

1-day priority delivery, shipped yesterday...won't be here until Saturday. What did I pay for 1-day for?

Can you get a shipping refund?  I think 1 day is guaranteed, isn't it?  I shipped a record 2 day priority.  Took 8 days to get there.  USPS is failing big time this holiday season.

Can you get a shipping refund? I think 1 day is guaranteed, isn't it? I shipped a record 2 day priority. Took 8 days to get there. USPS is failing big time this holiday season.

It wasn't priority express, so it isn't guaranteed, which is bullshit. That just means 1-day shipping is almost always 2 or more in that case. Lame.

Only 30 colored copies of the new Mothership album will be available to the general public, the rest were sold through their gofundme page.

They go up at 10am CST here http://ripplemusic.bigcartel.com/product/mothership-ii-vinyl-lp-extreme-limited-edition

$30 is kind of steep, not sure im going to do it but I thought you guys might want the chance.

that mothership record is good but dont know if its 30 dollars good. probably would not get alot of spins. it is sold out now so guess the point is moot.

Edit: the usps said they delivered my sleep record at 417 today. I got my mail at 420 as i was leaving and it was not there though another package was. Apparently the post office is lying again... Not sure what to do there.

Got my copy of Fogg - Death... after one listen I'm really digging it.  Kudos to playpinball for not using plain paper sleeves... if a small label can sell a record for less then $20 using an upgraded inner sleeve I'm not sure why more dont.

Anyone know where I can purchase a copy of Goya 777?  Missed the last ones the band put up and there isn't even one to be had on discogs or ebay.

Is this the version with the poster and patch!?

I didn't look too closely at it, but I don't think it had the poster/patch any more if it did. I'd say cover is in vg-vg+ condition (vg to be safe, no corner bends, no dings, nothing like that...but there are some small spots where the silver is missing, tiny spots really. I'll snap a pic tomorrow) I'd guess the vinyl is in nm condition. If anyone shows any real interest I'll go back and check it out more in depth, they were really close to closing tonight when I was there and I just needed to grab MF DOOM - Mm...Food before they closed up. I don't like to make them stay late because I love those kiddos working there and it's like a block from my apartment.

The more I think about it the more I think I should just grab it even for myself and just sell my re-press for like $30. Could even get it signed when they come to town! Seems worth it.

45 is solid for it. Seems the price ranges normally between

45 and 60 so shop took the low end of that. That doom record is awesome and still dont own it on vinyl. Top 10 records that got me into hip hop when i was young.

I wish I hadn't passed on King Geedorah - Take Me to Your Leader for $14 there a while back. Still sealed even. I know I can snag it for $17ish on amazon right now...but $14 was a steal and at a local shop that I love.

Their prices are always super solid. I picked up Cursive - The Ugly Organ over there about 6 months ago for $4, when it was going for $40ish, and I've gotten some other real steals from them.

Almost grabbed a copy of Black Sabbath - Volume 4 tonight too. It was just a bit more than I wanted to pay though.

I want to go back to Mississippi Records so bad.

I can never find any good Sabbath LPs. If I ever do find them they're in terrible shape. The only two I have are Live Evil and a thrashed copy of their self titled album. Live Evil I got super lucky and found at a thrift store (in great shape) for $.50

I want to go back to Mississippi Records so bad.

I can never find any good Sabbath LPs. If I ever do find them they're in terrible shape. The only two I have are Live Evil and a thrashed copy of their self titled album. Live Evil I got super lucky and found at a thrift store (in great shape) for $.50

I checked again on grouper while I was there, they had the normal version, but not the special one. This was the first time is seen either there.

I've been really lucky with my Sabbath stuff so far. The only thing I've paid over three dollars for was Master of Reality, and I paid something like 15 for an excellent condition 1st US press.