Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Nice! Eagle Twin is a killer band. Not sure if anyone else has heard of them here. Who else played on that show?

It was just a little local show. Eagle Twin, Cult Leader, and Stag Hare.

To anyone that hasn't heard Eagle Twin, get on it! They're an awesome band from SLC. Seeing them again last night reminded me how much I really love them.

It was just a little local show. Eagle Twin, Cult Leader, and Stag Hare.

To anyone that hasn't heard Eagle Twin, get on it! They're an awesome band from SLC. Seeing them again last night reminded me how much I really love them.

Eagle Twin is awesome. Dude makes killer speaker cabs too.

Also, he was in Iceburn

In preperation for the wounded giant split i bought their full length i for some reason keep forgetting to buy.

For those who bought that OM live album how is it? Aka should i spend 20 bucks on it. I am going to put an order into outer battery and dont known if i should add that to the mix.

Anyone willing to help out a doomed brother in trouble?

I've been postponing the application for a new credit card and my old one will expire tomorrow and somehow my lady lost her card somewhere yesterday. Unfortunately Paypal won't let me withdraw money into my account either because my card provider does not have support function.

Long story short - in a bad stroke of luck, I find myself in a situation where I won't have any method to pay for anything for a week or more and will only have cash for the time being. If any one of you would be willing to allocate some funds for the time being, would be awesome. Yay? :)

For those who bought that OM live album how is it? Aka should i spend 20 bucks on it. I am going to put an order into outer battery and dont known if i should add that to the mix.

Also interested to hear how it sounds.

Haha, can't believe it. I completely forgot to specify that what I wanted to ask was whether anyone would be up for getting an extra copy of the Goya/Wounded Giant split. My previous post makes no sense like this. Sorry for the confusion :P

I'll probably have no way to transfer the money to STB on Saturday when these go up was what I was getting at. The old card will be shut down the day after tomorrow so I'll only have as much as I withdraw tomorrow which would all be good but for the fact that I won't be able to put in any web orders as we'll have no card in the family.

There's the chance that there will be a Euro version of this, like with Druglord's Enter Venus but I've seen no talk of this yet? Also, still waiting on Totem Cat to respond whether he'll manage to get some copies of the US version.

Haha, can't believe it. I completely forgot to specify that what I wanted to ask was whether anyone would be up for getting an extra copy of the Goya/Wounded Giant split. My previous post makes no sense like this. Sorry for the confusion :P

I'll probably have no way to transfer the money to STB on Saturday when these go up was what I was getting at. The old card will be shut down the day after tomorrow so I'll only have as much as I withdraw tomorrow which would all be good but for the fact that I won't be able to put in any web orders as we'll have no card in the family.

There's the chance that there will be a Euro version of this, like with Druglord's Enter Venus but I've seen no talk of this yet? Also, still waiting on Totem Cat to respond whether he'll manage to get some copies of the US version.

I can help you out.

I can help you out.

If by Friday you dont have this all settled out and youre in the US let me know.

I'd be willing to grab an extra too. I'm going for the die hard personally.

If someone does get an extra I will gladly take it. I get paid Sunday. There might just be some left then, but I would hate for there not to be. Much obliged.

i for some reason cant find the info on best ways to frame a print in this thread.  any suggestions? buddy bought me the mondo jaws print and want to make it look all nice like.

i also just tried to buy Conan Mount Wrath from outer battery and it says its in stock but when it goes to checkout it is not.  what a bummer...

and just tried to get elder dead roots stirring on doooomed.com and both versions are sold out.  i am trying to spend my grandparents christmas money the way they would want me to with doom records and i am just not allowed!

i for some reason cant find the info on best ways to frame a print in this thread.  any suggestions? buddy bought me the mondo jaws print and want to make it look all nice like.

I just bought a custom frame from this place- http://www.americanframe.com/ and it's pretty damn nice for about 1/3 the price it would have  cost me to get it done professionally. You build it on the site and you can upload a file of the art to see what it will look like. Just make sure you measurements are correct. I got the nicely detailed wood frame, custom mat, and a non-glare uv plexi from under $100. You can go more economy with less fancy stuff.

I just bought a custom frame from this place- http://www.americanframe.com/ and it's pretty damn nice for about 1/3 the price it would have  cost me to get it done professionally. You build it on the site and you can upload a file of the art to see what it will look like. Just make sure you measurements are correct. I got the nicely detailed wood frame, custom mat, and a non-glare uv plexi from under $100. You can go more economy with less fancy stuff.

I may have to try this next.  I've been taking my stuff to a frame shop here in town.  I pay roughly $200/per print, closer to $250 if I get muesem quality glass.

Broke down and bought the Rhino 180 gram of Black Sabbath S/T, now that it seems that my copy of this record has mysteriously disappeared. Sounds good. I think I may buy other pressings as I come across them just to compare sounds. No complaints with this pressing, so far.

I had heard some surprisingly good things about those Sabbath presses, which is odd for these sort of re-issues. Good to know someone here feels that way about them too! I'm going to have to check into them if I can't find decently priced copies of the ones I'm missing.