Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I like the top right. I'll have to read this thread once i get home to find out what details I missed. Did you say there is an Instagram page I can follow ?

@stbrecords

Top right is going to be least expensive and least limited (still probably like 150 or something. His run numbers are always low), somewhere around $23-$25 probably, bottom two are the obi edition (usually about 100 pressed w/hand numbered obi-strip. The difference is just how different ones within the pressing came out on that, usually close to $26-$28. Top left is the Die-hard edition, probably around $38-$50 depending on what all he decides should come with it, limited to 75 this time I think.

@stbrecords

Top right is going to be least expensive and least limited (still probably like 150 or something. His run numbers are always low), somewhere around $23-$25 probably, bottom two are the obi edition (usually about 100 pressed w/hand numbered obi-strip. The difference is just how different ones within the pressing came out on that, usually close to $26-$28. Top left is the Die-hard edition, probably around $38-$50 depending on what all he decides should come with it, limited to 75 this time I think.

Ahhh nice and thanks! I added them on IG :D

I'll probably just get whichever I can grab. Mondo has ruined with my life with variants so I already feel like I'll never get the one I want.

Dwellers are pretty cool. They're from Salt Lake, so I've seen them a few times. They opened for All Them Witches/The Well here. I saw them open for A Minor Forest too (turns out that set is on Bandcamp, so that's pretty cool). 

I think I've got a couple screenprinted copies of the artwork for their new album that they were giving away.

Do the die hard bundles usually come in some sort of box or different packaging? Or is it all tossed into a mailer?

This I'm not sure of. I would guess this one will just come in a mailer...or the record in a mailer and everything else in a larger box? The Ancient Warlocks one I think got a special box though. I was bummed to see no alt-artwork for die-hard this time, but that's ok. What I had taken for alt-art before was the flag.

I think those two on the bottom are different variations of the obi edition. There are varying amounts of black, purple, and clear. It's going to be difficult to pick just one edition. Collector's compulsion to buy different versions of the same thing over and over again = wallet sickness.

Ha, I'll be glad if I can even grab one of the variants. The lady quit her job to focus on music full time so I'll be cutting back on indiscriminately throwing money towards wax.

The Die Hard looks most alluring to me plus I'm sort of skeptical of splatter vinyl as I've had some bad luck, but as it is I don't really care for all the extras that come with it. Even the not-so-standard will cost a pretty penny with international shipping so the extra stuff just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Wish they'd offer all the variants separately as well but I guess the main perk for anyone to get the DH is receiving a very special looking vinyl to go a long with all that.

Ha, I'll be glad if I can even grab one of the variants. The lady quit her job to focus on music full time so I'll be cutting back on indiscriminately throwing money towards wax.

The Die Hard looks most alluring to me plus I'm sort of skeptical of splatter vinyl as I've had some bad luck, but as it is I don't really care for all the extras that come with it. Even the not-so-standard will cost a pretty penny with international shipping so the extra stuff just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Wish they'd offer all the variants separately as well but I guess the main perk for anyone to get the DH is getting a very special looking vinyl to go a long with all that.

Good for your lady! That's a bummer that your spending gets cut though. :/

The Die Hard looks most alluring to me plus I'm sort of skeptical of splatter vinyl as I've had some bad luck, but as it is I don't really care for all the extras that come with it. Even the not-so-standard will cost a pretty penny with international shipping so the extra stuff just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Wish they'd offer all the variants separately as well but I guess the main perk for anyone to get the DH is getting a very special looking vinyl to go a long with all that.

I've been having to cut back too. IT IS ROUGH! I see sooooo many things I want. :( But I'm pretty determined to move out of oklahoma by next summer.

Good for your lady! That's a bummer that your spending gets cut though. :/

Yeah, she used to work in a bank while attending music school. Doing double-time was quite miserable so it's definitely all for the best, I'm definitely looking forward to how much she'll be able to improve and accomplish musically with the extra time. Besides, I only got away with being so frugal with my wallet due to her having that slightly lucrative job so it's all good. Plus she'll no longer have to be a part of the evil monetary system. :rolleyes:

I've been having to cut back too. IT IS ROUGH! I see sooooo many things I want. :( But I'm pretty determined to move out of oklahoma by next summer.

Indeed, gotta sacrifice some things for the greater good. I'm thinking it'll be tough as I've already written-up a 30-strong list of releases I'm looking forward to from next year but I'm looking at it this way - I'll readjust and start being frugal with money, will probably find more time to go through what's already on the shelf and might actually appreciate the releases I can afford to get, a lot more. Right now I'm actually having trouble finding the time to sit down and really enjoy everything I've amassed this year so perhaps am in need of some balance forced onto me.

So, this is a good time to mention that one of those anticipated releases - Acid King's newest - has a release date set on april 14 and it's going to be called Middle of Nowhere, Center of Everywhere. Also, might be old but was news to me that Ufomammut will have a new one coming.

*Edit - holyyyyyyyyy shitttttt a new ATW track ! !?!?!?! :o. First Right Hand and now a track titled Georga Dubja Kush. Right on. Dudes seem to be quite politically versed. And I love them for it.

should be cutting back, but it's tough. I guess I have a little bit, but this Goya/Wounded Giant is going to be a harder hit than usual for one album. I probably shouldn't have ordered that Sleep print either, but whatever! Got shipping confirmation on it today :)