Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Here's a low-quality photo of all the variants together

10418230_828833817160600_133804621731842

Also, jammin this Cough track off CVLT Nation's Midnite Congregation compilation. Insanely evil sounding. Love it. Perhaps it slipped your radar.

https://soundcloud.com/cvltnation/01-cough-fuck-up

Here's a low-quality photo of all the variants together

10418230_828833817160600_133804621731842

Also, jammin this Cough track off CVLT Nation's Midnite Congregation compilation. Insanely evil sounding. Love it. Perhaps it slipped your radar.

https://soundcloud.com/cvltnation/01-cough-fuck-up

I think those two on the bottom are different variations of the obi edition. There are varying amounts of black, purple, and clear. It's going to be difficult to pick just one edition. Collector's compulsion to buy different versions of the same thing over and over again = wallet sickness.

I think those two on the bottom are different variations of the obi edition. There are varying amounts of black, purple, and clear. It's going to be difficult to pick just one edition. Collector's compulsion to buy different versions of the same thing over and over again = wallet sickness.

I'm probably going die hard...I've been saying it for a while, but that Obi edition looks so good. I'm starting to consider Obi again because I have two of those from them already, and it's significantly less expensive than die hard. We'll see. I do love the look of die hard though... And what I've seen of the alt cover looks pretty slick...

some awesome concerts upcoming, very interested to see who the headliners will be for the Psycho Cali Fest ...cool to see Electric Wizard and Yob will both be playing near me come springtime

on another subject, anyone else who ordered Fogg get either a shipping notice or the record yet?

Got Fogg yesterday. I forget when I ordered. It was packed in a folded over double piece of cardboard. Not optimal, but no damage so I can't complain too much.

I've got an awesome show coming up Saturday. The sword, venomous maximus, eagleclaw, the well and legion! I'm so excited

That sounds super fun! If you've never seen The Sword before, don't get your hopes up too much. I saw them a few months back and they sound great, but it seemed like they had no stage presence at all.  :(  It was a real bummer.

The well is the main reason I'm going.

I've seen the sword a few times, Im cool with their standing still stage presence.

Word. Yeah, if I saw them again I'd think it was fine. It was just the first time I had seen them and I was really surprised (especially since the openers were all over the place on stage.).

I've seen The Sword play several times, and for me personally, I won't pay to see them play if they're the headliner without a good supporting band(s). The first time I saw them was right before Age of Winters was released. They played in a tiny bar and surprisingly the place was packed. They sounded fucking awesome that night and they seemed to really be into their set. Seen them play a few times after and each time it appeared that they were just going through the motions. The final straw for me for not wanting to see them anymore is when Black Cobra opened up for them one time. (I can't remember how long ago this concert was.) This show was in a church basement and Black Cobra destroyed the place. The Sword played next and literally after the first or second song I was bored. I turned to my brother to see if he wanted leave and without hesitation we split. I'm not saying The Sword is a horrible band, because I still like them, but playing live, they're an absolute bore.

I've seen The Sword play several times, and for me personally, I won't pay to see them play if they're the headliner without a good supporting band(s). The first time I saw them was right before Age of Winters was released. They played in a tiny bar and surprisingly the place was packed. They sounded fucking awesome that night and they seemed to really be into their set. Seen them play a few times after and each time it appeared that they were just going through the motions. The final straw for me for not wanting to see them anymore is when Black Cobra opened up for them one time. (I can't remember how long ago this concert was.) This show was in a church basement and Black Cobra destroyed the place. The Sword played next and literally after the first or second song I was bored. I turned to my brother to see if he wanted leave and without hesitation we split. I'm not saying The Sword is a horrible band, because I still like them, but playing live, they're an absolute bore.

That's how I felt at the show. I went specifically to see them and almost didn't stay for their whole set :/

They sounded amazing, and I looooove their albums still. I just don't know if I'd pay to go see them again without some killer openers.

That said, the show permafaust is going to sounds fucking incredible and I'd jump at the chance to go to that.