Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I got my copy of the OM - Live album last week and I wasn't to impressed with it all. Seems like they had a bunch of while covers lying around and they just slapped a sticker on it. It's OM so I'm no to upset about it, but if I paid a ton of coin for it I might think differently.

On a different note, got my Sleep print yesterday.

Finally dove into the record room today and did some organizing. Spent a couple hours and still have at least another tomorrow to finish. My mind was blurring from thinking alphabetically and also my haphazard and inconsistent way of alphabetizing using first or last names. I have about 4 feet of records that are doubles or stuff I don't care about at the moment. Now I just have to make a list and price all that crap. I find the only stuff I am really caring about is my stoner/doom records. Well, also Bob Seger- Against the Wind.

On another note, last year I noticed that all of my old AC/DC records were missing and now I can't find my Sabbath S/T? Frickin' weird and completely baffling. I listened to the Sabbath record a few months ago, so I know I should still have it and I would never get rid of it. Something strange is going on. The game is afoot?

Post the 4 feet of doubles here. reward good behavior of the stoner doom folks first!

I got my copy of the OM - Live album last week and I wasn't to impressed with it all. Seems like they had a bunch of while covers lying around and they just slapped a sticker on it. It's OM so I'm no to upset about it, but if I paid a ton of coin for it I might think differently.

On a different note, got my Sleep print yesterday.

Nice! It's so huge, dude. Even seeing the photo of the dude holding it, and the measurements I still didn't expect the print to be that big.

I got my copy of the OM - Live album last week and I wasn't to impressed with it all. Seems like they had a bunch of while covers lying around and they just slapped a sticker on it. It's OM so I'm no to upset about it, but if I paid a ton of coin for it I might think differently

Yah, but the white cover with the paper overlay was described on Outer Batterys site when you bought it, so can you really be upset? They did it "in the spirit of 70s bootlegs"

Of all the records to go missing, Sabbath - S/T is one that I'd be reeeeeeeally upset about. That sucks! I need to do what you're doing and try to pare down my collection to more essential stuff that I'll listen to more regularly, but I have 3 (and a 4th incoming) abums I need to listen to now that they've arrived. Seems like I have very little time to revisit things lately.

I think in part (mostly) that it's due to this thread, jerks! :)

That said, once my Baroness - Blue gets here I won't have anything in the mail again! What's happeninggggggggg?!

I actually hope this year is a little slow on new stuff for me so I can finish getting some older essentials.

A slower buying year would be a relief. I need to change my record buying habits either way, due to money and actual available space.

Post the 4 feet of doubles here. reward good behavior of the stoner doom folks first!

It's all types of crap. Very little stoner/doom, if I recall. I will probably do a post here first and pm people back who write me for the list. I have to type it all up and price it first. None of that "make an offer" guessing game bullshit.

A slower buying year would be a relief. I need to change my record buying habits either way, due to money and actual available space.

It's all types of crap. Very little stoner/doom, if I recall. I will probably do a post here first and pm people back who write me for the list. I have to type it all up and price it first. None of that "make an offer" guessing game bullshit.

I'm in!

They're so solid!! That's my favorite song of theirs for sure too.

yeah i really love the vocals for some reason.  i am slowly getting into the doom metal genre.  more of a thrash, heavy metal dude really.  love this thread because i have been listening to alot of the bands listed on here and like about 75% of em.  

also i just bought Venomous Maximus' lp Beg Upon the Light at best buy for pretty cheap.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/beg-upon-the-light-lp-vinyl/21519336.p?id=2712683&skuId=21519336 

edit.  free shipping on orders of 35$ so thats cool.  i ended up getting Municipal Waste - Waste em all and Black Sabbath - Master of reality

Hey thats cool with me too. Doesnt have to be stoner doom.

I'm dreading how much it's going to cost to frame that Sleep print. But it's fucking sick!

For my wife's bday I paid $400 to have a 36 inch by 9 inch print framed at a shop. So, this time I just bought a custom frame and mat from these guys. http://www.americanframe.com/picture-frames.aspx Can't speak to quality yet as it's still in the box, but it was a hell of a lot cheaper for a custom size and they have a nice selection of frames.

Happy Whateverthehellyoucelebrate everyone!

That's sick. I'd be happy to bring cassettes back to indulge in some nostalgia but couldn't justify digging up another hole to throw money in.

Not sure whether it was so before but I noticed that Goya is offering Satan's Fire for free download https://marijuana.bandcamp.com/

the same for Trudger's Dormiveglia. Pretty infectious sludgy post-metal https://trudger.bandcamp.com/

Merry holidays to all !

christmas_cat.jpg

I would have flat mounted them. That sucksssss

Yup. Needless to say I pay the small difference to have a local framer do my work for me now. Hobby Lobby refused to reimburse me and said that I asked for a flat mount. I said to flat mount screen printed art would be ignorant, and even if I was that stupid, why would any respectable framer allow that to happen. I also showed them receipts of all of my other archival framing jobs and asked why would I start flat mounting now? They basically told me to shove my print up my ass.

In case anyone is interested, doooomed.com has copies of the Elder - Dead Roots Stirring repress available.

Blue

http://doooomed.com/elder-dead-roots-stirring-vinyl-2lp-blue-marble-p-1419.html?cPath=65_70

Green

http://doooomed.com/elder-dead-roots-stirring-vinyl-2lp-green-marble-p-1420.html?cPath=65_70