Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Are those sabbath records really expensive for you guys? I feel like i see them at local shops between 5-10 all the time.

Eh. Minty copies usually run between $15 and $20 for most of them around here.

I'm not really anxious to get the ones I'm missing anymore, and I only go for US first presses or better on them.  (I have S/T, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath, and Never Say Die, only one I paid more than a dollar for was MoR.)

I'm sure I can find Technical Ecstasy and Vol. 4 soon enough for $5 or less, if not I'll eventually thrown $15 at them.

Makes sense. I am truely not picky on those records. As long as it looks in decent shape i dont care. Most of mine have been like 5 bucks and play fine. They pressed a bazillion of them so im sure i will find a better copy of some and replace.

Yeah, for sure.

There are very few records that I'm picky about what variant I "have" to have. Sabbath is one of them...Maiden and Metallica are the other two I can think of.

Yeah, for sure.

There are very few records that I'm picky about what variant I "have" to have. Sabbath is one of them...Maiden and Metallica are the other two I can think of.

Metallica is one of those bands that I have loved since i was like 10, but i have never felt the desire to own any of the stuff on vinyl.  i almost have been so burnt out on it.  i have one of their LP's and I am selling it because I see no point in owning it.  

I had the doom fairy come today and provide me with some nice stuff to listen to on NYE.

Suma/Unearthly Trance: MK Ultra 

Suma: Ashes

Kongh: Shadows Of The Shapeless (Pink)

Kongh: Counting Heartbeats

Metallica is one of those bands that I have loved since i was like 10, but i have never felt the desire to own any of the stuff on vinyl. i almost have been so burnt out on it. i have one of their LP's and I am selling it because I see no point in owning it.

I had the doom fairy come today and provide me with some nice stuff to listen to on NYE.

Suma/Unearthly Trance: MK Ultra

Suma: Ashes

Kongh: Shadows Of The Shapeless (Pink)

Kongh: Counting Heartbeats

If you have an Electra or earlier master of puppets or ride the lightning I'll buy it off you...

Also I think all that is heavy had copies of dead roots stirring up if doooomed.com was out.... two problems though, you dont get to pick blue or green and they are more expensive

I dont really care what color i get honestly. The downside like you said is its like 10 bucks more. Usually ATIH is priced a buck or two higher than other places which im okay with but that one does make it harder to pull the trigger on...

A good new year to all you folks !

Thanks for all those offers on picking up on that Wounded Giany/Goya split. What top blokes you all are !

I'd be willing to grab an extra too. I'm going for the die hard personally.

I'm thinking Richmond is the furthest point of the east coast and wouldn't necessitate any extra shipping costs. I'll let you know whether tomorrow or by the 3rd, yeah?

I'm thinking there might still be a Euro version but I can't get a response from STB for some reason. Also, some distros in Europe might still get a few copies of it so there's still those possible options. If there's a chance to get it over here I'd prefer to go for that option. No need for anyone to have extra hassle with the cross-Atlantic shipping.

Also anyone that hasn't entered their top 20 on The Obelisk, post them up. I reckon it's going to be an interesting one. Says it's supposed to be open until January 1st so I reckon that means it's included, as the poll is still open. Just sent over mine.

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2014/12/01/top-20-of-2014-readers-poll/