Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

It's pretty well-expressed that lots of people don't like high prices here...the site is a place for a community to cut each other good deals on stuff. It's pathetic to see someone on here try to sell something like RSDeja on the day of release for $200 "or trade for xOOP ALBUMx".

But then you don't care if Rez asks $150 for hot topic antichrist superstar & you most certainly wouldnt sell me Pretty Odd at the HT sticker price. We know how you feel about it dude. Just stop hijacking other threads & keep your opinions on it in your buy for the board thread. If you can't do that you need to ignore me & anything i post. I'll most certainly say something if you jump in someone elses thread & lecture them on this issue - the best thing you can do is just stop though. Because you cant justify Rez asking $150 for his HT releases & harass someone else who asks the same amount for a different release. It's hypocritical. Just keep it in your thread from now on.

But then you don't care if Rez asks $150 for hot topic antichrist superstar & you most certainly wouldnt sell me Pretty Odd at the HT sticker price. We know how you feel about it dude. Just stop hijacking other threads & keep your opinions on it in your buy for the board thread. If you can't do that you need to ignore me & anything i post. I'll most certainly say something if you jump in someone elses thread & lecture them on this issue - the best thing you can do is just stop though. Because you cant justify Rez asking $150 for his HT releases & harass someone else who asks the same amount for a different release. It's hypocritical. Just keep it in your thread from now on.

Did you miss the part where Rez said how much he sold his copy for? Literally 50% of that. Also, I'd sell Pretty Odd at the price I got it at + shipping, which was $45 from none other than Rez, who gives great deals.

I don't know what you mean by "keep my opinions in your thread"...why would I say stuff like "price gouging kinda sucks" in a completely unrelated thread?

Did you miss the part where Rez said how much he sold his copy for? Literally 50% of that. Also, I'd sell Pretty Odd at the price I got it at + shipping, which was $45 from none other than Rez, who gives great deals.

I don't know what you mean by "keep my opinions in your thread"...why would I say stuff like "price gouging kinda sucks" in a completely unrelated thread?

I have tried to make some cash off of some stuff before, but nothing I have bought with the express intention of flipping. If I have something I don't use that has appreciated in value and I need money, it would be stupid to sell two things if I only need to sell one. That being said, I try to give everyone fair deals unless they've really tweaked me, if I paid cost and something appreciated in value I'll only ask 70 or 75% of the going rate and everyone wins. That's a lot different than buying 10 copies of 40oz or something and making them up to 100 a piece on eBay. I dunno, the whole thing just seems kinda *intense*

It's a black & white issue for me. If you can hold on to it for 6 months & listen to it & sell it for $70 so can someone who purchased it the day it was released & puts it straight on ebay. It's the same thing to me. I have no problem with you selling your record for $70, $150, $200... It's your record get as much as you fucking can for it. But he hijacks other people threads & talks shit. It's really not cool. He has his buy for the board thread & his opinions on that should stay there. I think everyone here knows how he feels about it.

it really isn't there is a difference between trying to create an artificial market value and selling it at current market value

I have tried to make some cash off of some stuff before, but nothing I have bought with the express intention of flipping. If I have something I don't use that has appreciated in value and I need money, it would be stupid to sell two things if I only need to sell one. That being said, I try to give everyone fair deals unless they've really tweaked me, if I paid cost and something appreciated in value I'll only ask 70 or 75% of the going rate and everyone wins. That's a lot different than buying 10 copies of 40oz or something and making them up to 100 a piece on eBay. I dunno, the whole thing just seems kinda *intense*

Holding on to it for a year then selling it at a higher than sticker price is the same thing as buying 10 & asking $100 for each on ebay. Even if you keep it for a year & ask for 70-75% of what the flippers are getting -- you are taking advantage of the appreciation in value for those releases that the flippers created. Its intense because the two of you have created all these rules for the rest of us to follow.

Holding on to it for a year then selling it at a higher than sticker price is the same thing as buying 10 & asking $100 for each on ebay. Even if you keep it for a year & ask for 70-75% of what the flippers are getting -- you are taking advantage of the appreciation in value for those releases that the flippers created. Its intense because the two of you have created all these rules for the rest of us to follow.

We didn't really create these "rules", they're just the "rules" that we (to a more specific extent, I) like to follow and use ourselves. It's mostly accepted among people on the board, and of course there's some discrepancy, but it's mostly agreed that buying 10 at release for resale is a dick move. 

I'll take it!

Arrrrrrrgh! I've been waiting for a while for the MCR reissues so I've got TBP vinyl in my basket. I can afford the record but the shipping is $43 so therefore I might not be able to get it  :unsure:

Does any kind soul have a coupon code or gift card or some way of helping me they'd be willing to share?  :)

this is just going in circles and he is ignoring any sound evidence against any of his arguments, really sad that someone 33 years old can't go toe to toe with high schoolers in a debate. Or maybe just a testament to how intelligent they both are

If they ignored me I would ignore them but they won't do that. I wouldn't even be here if this wasnt the only place to find info on when things are released so i can get them myself. I dont think my brain ever fully developed so that probably part of the problem as well -- but it mostly annoying that those 2 attack people for selling HT releases at a premium when they do the same thing.

I should clarify that I meant IF I want to sell it. Currently I don't, but if it goes for sale that's the price.

Someone actually PM'd me already, so they've got dibs anyway ;)

Haha, I did realise :). Just didn't fancy sticking the winky face on! On a serious note, you know the stuff I like should you ever want to shift it!

I get what you are saying, but doesn't make me a fan. As far as doing it for those who ask, he sure seems to have extras pretty often. It's great that he's selling for cost, but it's still taking it from people who aren't "fortunate" enough to know abut this forum.

I just don't approve of buying up 10 copies of anything, regardless of intentions. Leave some for others to purchase.

We are all big boys, we can do it on our own. ;)

I get what you are saying, but doesn't make me a fan. As far as doing it for those who ask, he sure seems to have extras pretty often. It's great that he's selling for cost, but it's still taking it from people who aren't "fortunate" enough to know abut this forum.

I just don't approve of buying up 10 copies of anything, regardless of intentions. Leave some for others to purchase.

We are all big boys, we can do it on our own. ;)

Some can't. I usually only order as many as I get requests for because they'll be asleep/at work when it goes live, or they want to save on international shipping. I generally only have extras when people who asked me for a copy bail out.

Some can't. I usually only order as many as I get requests for because they'll be asleep/at work when it goes live, or they want to save on international shipping. I generally only have extras when people who asked me for a copy bail out.

Well I need to save on international shipping at the moment so if you have a spare copy of 'Welcome To The Black Parade', PM me!  :D

If they ignored me I would ignore them but they won't do that. I wouldn't even be here if this wasnt the only place to find info on when things are released so i can get them myself. I dont think my brain ever fully developed so that probably part of the problem as well -- but it mostly annoying that those 2 attack people for selling HT releases at a premium when they do the same thing.

Its not even remotely the same thing. He bought it aftermarket for about $70 and sold it for $75. He might have broke even after shipping