MATT PRYOR (The Get Up Kids, The New Amsterdams) - new album "Wrist Slitter"

nihac

Yeah but it is bad when I believe all the other pressings are out.

My thoughts exactly. And there was no communication from them either that there was going to be a delay.

On merchtable, it gives the vague 'week of the 18th'. Worst case scenario (at their word), Merchtable shipped it on Saturday the 23rd. Which really means it sat until Monday, the 25th. That was Thanksgiving week, so all usps shipping would effectively shut down Thu-Sat. So it wouldn't have arrived until this week, any way. But somebody got impatient, and we now know that there was a delay. Maybe the records didn't get to the label. Or maybe some got sent to Matt for the tour he just left on, but the rest didn't get sent to Merchtable. Who knows? But this instant gratification, "I just ordered this record, why isn't it here yet" crap really needs to stop.

On merchtable, it gives the vague 'week of the 18th'. Worst case scenario (at their word), Merchtable shipped it on Saturday the 23rd. Which really means it sat until Monday, the 25th. That was Thanksgiving week, so all usps shipping would effectively shut down Thu-Sat. So it wouldn't have arrived until this week, any way. But somebody got impatient, and we now know that there was a delay. Maybe the records didn't get to the label. Or maybe some got sent to Matt for the tour he just left on, but the rest didn't get sent to Merchtable. Who knows? But this instant gratification, "I just ordered this record, why isn't it here yet" crap really needs to stop.

Im not looking for instant gratification. Just what I paid for when they say Ill have it. They say they havent even received them yet, so my main gripe is why not send an email out saying so that all. Im dropping it. If its still not here in another two weeks then Ill gripe.

Ive been thinking of heading to southern Jersey next Friday to see Matt play. How have the shows been for anyone whos attended?

The way i see it records are the only things that when i pre order they take the money months in advance and it isn't really to much to ask for an email from  them to say sorry its delayed. It has nothing to do with instant gratification.  

Thought some of you might like to know that at the show in CT last night, after Max Bemis was done, Matt went across the parking lot to the Outer Space where they were doing an open mic night. He played a few New Amsterdams classics (Hover Near Fame, My Old Man had a Pistol, and From California") after that, he started taking requests.

I don't remember the order or exact set list but I know he played:

I'm a loner dottie, a rebel 

Out of Reach

Red Letter Day (my request)

Action & Action

It was as awesome as you might expect. You can see a couple clips on the last two posts on my instagram: http://instagram.com/veggiecorecords

Also - Bemis brought Pryor on stage for his encore, and covered Campfire Kansas. It was amazing. He also told a pretty funny story about how when he was 14 he asked for a get up kids CD for hannukah, so this was surreal for him.,, 

got mine today, kinda annoyed that i ended up with such a high number, i ordered VERY early on, I should've had single digits for sure

also it's very basic, just a chipboard sleeve with the logo screened on, no insert or anything, vinyl also doesn't look like the rendered image on the merch site

1472971_10152082222991070_550789138_n.jp

^ I don't think anybody in the history of hand numbered vinyl has taken the time to ship them out in order, that's just silly.

But yea that looks pretty weak. Same variant as the one I got from merchnow. Standard version also didn't have an insert. Feel pretty bad for anyone who paid extra and waited longer for essentially the same cover.

^ I don't think anybody in the history of hand numbered vinyl has taken the time to ship them out in order, that's just silly.

But yea that looks pretty weak. Same variant as the one I got from merchnow. Standard version also didn't have an insert. Feel pretty bad for anyone who paid extra and waited longer for essentially the same cover.

thats how limited posters are shipped out, lowest numbers go to earliest orders, i don't see why vinyl should be any different

especially since i ordered when it was limited to 50, then later changed to 100! i dunno...maybe i'm just crazy

got mine today, kinda annoyed that i ended up with such a high number, i ordered VERY early on, I should've had single digits for sure

also it's very basic, just a chipboard sleeve with the logo screened on, no insert or anything, vinyl also doesn't look like the rendered image on the merch site

So wait are you saying the covers aren't "super bitchin" as previously stated? That's a bummer.

WOW thats messed up.   Thats not what i was expecting the vinyl to look like.

I'm normally a sucker for screen-printed chipboard/kraft covers, but yeah, these are visually pretty weak. At least it sounds fine. And at least I got a lower number than RRD.

I had this preordered but cancelled when i saw that merchnow version as i thought it would be the same. I don't think it would have been so bad if the vinyl was limited but it's $15 for a different sleeve.  

ur6aq.jpg

Just saw this on twitter, how many versions of the cover is there? This looks like the one advertised but I thought the red and black was only available in the 50 (which turned into 100) limited release.

Yea it turns out just the cover was limited, I don't think any numbers have been released for actual vinyl variants.

• 4 weeks later...

ha yeah that's me, that's awesome that he shared it, it was my post for yesterdays #januaryrecordaday

top left is the test pressing from the arctic rodeo press (won it in a charity ebay auction)

top right is the test pressing from the equal vision/rory press (bought directly from matt)

ha yeah that's me, that's awesome that he shared it, it was my post for yesterdays #januaryrecordaday

top left is the test pressing from the arctic rodeo press (won it in a charity ebay auction)

top right is the test pressing from the equal vision/rory press (bought directly from matt)

Did the test pressings come with those sleeves?