Do any of you actually listen to the music you buy?

Guest crazybeats

Guest user420

I like how so many are adding fuel to this troll's fire and turn around to suggest a "ban." If you truly "don't care" then why are you responding? If the guy bothers you so much as to warrant a ban then why respond in the first place?

The reason I'm not totally jumping all over the OP is because he is just one person who did not make this thread 26+ pages long on his own... think about your own involvements for a moment and if you really "don't care" about one person's opinion then don't chime in with a response. Go about your merry way and have a nice day!

Guest user420

Banning people for having unpopular opinions or responding to someone's troll thread and getting upset at their responses to your responses and then asking for bans is pretty redonkulous.

Be the better man/girl/human and show us how well you can ignore something you claim you "don't care" about.

I like how so many are adding fuel to this troll's fire and turn around to suggest a "ban." If you truly "don't care" then why are you responding? If the guy bothers you so much as to warrant a ban then why respond in the first place?

The reason I'm not totally jumping all over the OP is because he is just one person who did not make this thread 26+ pages long on his own... think about your own involvements for a moment and if you really "don't care" about one person's opinion then don't chime in with a response. Go about your merry way and have a nice day!

I think you've misinterpreted my care factor.  I truly couldn't care less about the specifics of the OP: how many accounts he or she may or may not have, what their intent is, why they have a superiority complex, etc.  I do enjoy (and I suppose, consequently, care) about this thread and all of the entertainment it provides.  Like you said, it's a 26+ page train-wreck that VC has glued together.  And honestly, it's killing a case of the Mondays like you wouldn't believe.

Banning people for having unpopular opinions or responding to someone's troll thread and getting upset at their responses to your responses and then asking for bans is pretty redonkulous.

Be the better man/girl/human and show us how well you can ignore something you claim you "don't care" about.

I get where you're coming from.  And if the OP can confine his pretentious belittling to this thread, that's fine by me.  As far as I'm concerned, this is just a popular topic at the top of the page where [just about] anything goes.  The joys and wonders found on each page are something that no one can predict.  If it spills across the board and into various threads, I think the mods would (and should) step in at that point.  The way I see it, this thread is just a troll's soapbox, and we're all gathering around to point, laugh, and have a good time.

Guest user420

I think you've misinterpreted my care factor.  I truly couldn't care less about the specifics of the OP: how many accounts he or she may or may not have, what their intent is, why they have a superiority complex, etc.  I do enjoy (and I suppose, consequently, care) about this thread and all of the entertainment it provides.  Like you said, it's a 26+ page train-wreck that VC has glued together.  And honestly, it's killing a case of the Mondays like you wouldn't believe.

The "mondays" thing is why many of us are here I'm sure. I just think it's hilarious when people take time to respond telling us how much they "don't care."

I get where you're coming from.  And if the OP can confine his pretentious belittling to this thread, that's fine by me.  As far as I'm concerned, this is just a popular topic at the top of the page where [just about] anything goes.  The joys and wonders found on each page are something that no one can predict.  If it spills across the board and into various topics, I think the mods would (and should) step in at that point.  The way I see it, this thread is just a troll's soapbox, and we're all gathering around to point, laugh, and have a good time.

This.

Guest user420

I get where you're coming from.  And if the OP can confine his pretentious belittling to this thread, that's fine by me.  As far as I'm concerned, this is just a popular topic at the top of the page where [just about] anything goes.  The joys and wonders found on each page are something that no one can predict.  If it spills across the board and into various topics, I think the mods would (and should) step in at that point.  The way I see it, this thread is just a troll's soapbox, and we're all gathering around to point, laugh, and have a good time.

And as foolish as the OP may be, he isn't the only one being laughed at in this thread. He's an inflammatory troll, no doubt. But some ("some" not "all") of his points about the members of this board are not inaccurate.

And as foolish as the OP may be, he isn't the only one being laughed at in this thread. He's an inflammatory troll, no doubt. But some ("some" not "all") of his points about the members of this board are not inaccurate.

Oh you're pointing fingers at me, now!?! You don't even know me, man! Step off! Quit frontin on me! You couldn't fill my shoes!!! Talk shit get hit!

Oooooooooh you're lucky I don't ban you!!

Guest user420

Oh you're pointing fingers at me, now!?! You don't even know me, man! Step off! Quit frontin on me! You couldn't fill my shoes!!! Talk shit get hit!

Oooooooooh you're lucky I don't ban you!!

I didn't name any names and didn't have anyone specific in mind as there have been many a foolish response in these 26 pages. But thanks for letting us know how you feel about yourself. Your insightful input makes VC a better place.

It takes a bit of all kinds to make a community.  There are absolutely members - publicly or not - who collect vinyl for the sake of collectibility or resale.  I won't even deny that.  I'm sure that there are also a dozen+ guests who browse VC just to pounce on the latest Hot Topic exclusive to flip on eBay.  And many of us - myself not withstanding - enjoy the flurry and scramble for variants, or having wax that aesthetically compliments album art and packaging.  And... so what?  Does playing the variant game™ mean that you can't "actually listen to the music you buy", per the OP's inquiry?  It's such an idiotic question.  I understand that some of his facetious comments apply to a select percentage of the forums, but this thread's "genuine question" was offensive from the get-go.

Guest crazybeats

I mean we could get you banned.  We've done it before.  There was a troll (although a different type than yourself) who provided nothing positive to the board, and we voted to ban him.

Go ahead buddy. In all seriousness though. That right there shows the kind of people on here. We can get you banned lol. This is meant to be a grown man saying this. A grown man sitting at a keyboard typing out the words we could get you banned. We've done it before.

Do i really need to say anything else in this thread? That right there proves everything I've said. We could get you banned. Is that so... Since this is my 100th post I think I'll retire from my own thread and let it go wherever it needs to go on it's own. I'll see you all around I'm sure.

I didn't name any names and didn't have anyone specific in mind as there have been many a foolish response in these 26 pages. But thanks for letting us know how you feel about yourself.

Oh you called me out loud and clear! I thought this was behind us, but if you want to make this public lets do it!

Tell you what Richard.... I'm going to go to your house and ask your mom if your home... If you come outside I'm going to punch you in your douche bag face.... How's that sound!? Bitches get stitches!

Guest user420

Oh you called me out loud and clear! I thought this was behind us, but if you want to make this public lets do it!

Tell you what Richard.... I'm going to go to your house and ask your mom if your home... If you come outside I'm going to punch you in your douche bag face.... How's that sound!? Bitches get stitches!

Richard? Is this a "dick" reference or are you confused?

It takes a bit of all kinds to make a community.  There are absolutely members - publicly or not - who collect vinyl for the sake of collectibility or resale.  I won't even deny that.  I'm sure that there are also a dozen+ guests who browse VC just to pounce on the latest Hot Topic exclusive to flip on eBay.  And many of us - myself not withstanding - enjoy the flurry and scramble for variants, or having wax that aesthetically compliments album art and packaging.  And... so what?  Does playing the variant game™ mean that you can't "actually listen to the music you buy", per the OP's inquiry?  It's such an idiotic question.  I understand that some of his facetious comments apply to a select percentage of the forums, but this thread's "genuine question" was offensive from the get-go.

I totally agree with this statement Derek! 

and it sounds like OP has a hang up with age: "Big Man", "Sit down Son", etc.