Do any of you actually listen to the music you buy?

Guest crazybeats

Richard? Is this a "dick" reference or are you confused?

Oh playing dumb now, huh? Well, I guess you're not playing cause you Es stupid. Richard is your first name. I'm not confused about anything.

Ps after I kick your ass I'm taking my "through being cool" record back. Better download the triage app and check out the local wait times cause I'm about to send you to the ER!!!!

Guest user420

It takes a bit of all kinds to make a community.  There are absolutely members - publicly or not - who collect vinyl for the sake of collectibility or resale.  I won't even deny that.  I'm sure that there are also a dozen+ guests who browse VC just to pounce on the latest Hot Topic exclusive to flip on eBay.  And many of us - myself not withstanding - enjoy the flurry and scramble for variants, or having wax that aesthetically compliments album art and packaging.  And... so what?  Does playing the variant game™ mean that you can't "actually listen to the music you buy", per the OP's inquiry?  It's such an idiotic question.  I understand that some of his facetious comments apply to a select percentage of the forums, but this thread's "genuine question" was offensive from the get-go.

As someone who has 3-4 sometimes more variants of certain albums (particularly Green Day stuff which I am a huge foolish collector of) I have no qualms with people buying albums for "collecting." I don't agree with his sentiment about collecting records. I DO agree that record labels make lots of money of fools like us who re-buy the same music over and over. However, to each his own. 

And you are right that his comments about members only apply to a small percentage but that small percentage also tends to be quite vocal and obnoxious at times that it seems as if there are more of them than there really are. So we look the other way at some of those obnoxious members yet try to turn the ban-hammer against someone calling those jerks out. Seems legit.

Guest user420

Oh playing dumb now, huh? Well, I guess you're not playing cause you Es stupid. Richard is your first name. I'm not confused about anything.

Ps after I kick your ass I'm taking my "through being cool" record back. Better download the triage app and check out the local wait times cause I'm about to send you to the ER!!!!

Damn, you got me! You CLEARLY know who I am so stop making internet tough guy threats and come over.

I already told you in my original post that I am right, I know I'm right, I don't need you trying to tell me that I'm somehow wrong. Everything I posted was the truth and you know it so there's no need to try and argue back at me. 

Oh mighty messiah. I've searched for decades and finally found you, in the most unlikely place. Bless me with your wisdom and lead the way, so we may all be saved from the ignorant enslaved vinyl customers that plans to throw this world into ages of darkness. Stop the vinyl horseman from ending us all.

Praise+the+lord+God+blesses+EVERY+one+ex

As someone who has 3-4 sometimes more variants of certain albums (particularly Green Day stuff which I am a huge foolish collector of) I have no qualms with people buying albums for "collecting." I don't agree with his sentiment about collecting records. I DO agree that record labels make lots of money of fools like us who re-buy the same music over and over. However, to each his own. 

And you are right that his comments about members only apply to a small percentage but that small percentage also tends to be quite vocal and obnoxious at times that it seems as if there are more of them than there really are. So we look the other way at some of those obnoxious members yet try to turn the ban-hammer against someone calling those jerks out. Seems legit.

I don't think anyone's trying to argue that labels are wringing wallets dry and taking advantage of variant-fiends.  I see it with every other release.  It sucks, but I think we can all agree that it's the name of the game at this point.

As far as your second paragraph goes, though, I guess that's where you and I differ.  I don't find myself face to face with too many variant fanatics on these boards.  But then again, I've probably got an Ignore list longer than I'd like to admit.  And I also have no interest perusing half the threads that seem to garner variant hype.  (City & Colour, Title Fight, and so on.)  But to each his own.

i would not fuck with this guy. L.A. is some serious shit. I've only read about in the newspapers and seen a few clips from Hollywood movies.

I appreciate the concern, and heads up, but much like The Dodgers it is finished. - Dang, I went there-

Violence is never the answer, but when a man spits on your Thursday video, and calls you out in front of this board it's the only action I know how to take.

User420, when this is all behind us, and you heal properly maybe we can go to a Laker game together?

Guest Justin Maheiny

Damn, you got me! You CLEARLY know who I am so stop making internet tough guy threats and come over.

Pretty funny/sad that there are a lot of online games now that if you make a "real life" threat, you are instantly banned due to the number of people daring others to "come over" then getting killed when they actually do.

Guest FriendlyPeople

For the record, I am User420. I think it's pretty funny that anyone actually thinks I am the OP or that my name is Richard and that I was serious about telling the kid making threats to send me to the ER to "come over." I understand sarcasm doesn't translate well through text but when I said "You CLEARLY know who I am" I was being sarcastic. 

I appreciate blocking me under User420 from posting. I don't understand what I did to warrant a ban from blocking as I don't feel as though I was posting for the sole purpose of creating an argument. But thanks for jumping to conclusions about people's identities and thanks for being rational and mature regarding discussions. The intellect of some of the members of this forum is astounding.