Childish Gambino - Because The Internet

Camp was released on wax so I have little doubt this is getting the vinyl treatment, hip hop and vinyl are hot right now.

Take Care and My beautiful dark twisted fantasy were also pressed on vinyl, then the follow ups weren't

Lot of major hip hop albums this year haven't had a vinyl pressing so I'm not sure why you'd say it's hot this year

Take Care and My beautiful dark twisted fantasy were also pressed on vinyl, then the follow ups weren't

Lot of major hip hop albums this year haven't had a vinyl pressing so I'm not sure why you'd say it's hot this year

the difference (at least to me) is that Drake and Kanye are on major labels that don't always press vinyl for hip hop.  Gambino is on Glassnote so it's gonna be on wax.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We posted this up earlier today

Link — http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/11/15/because-the-internet-getting-limited-run/

Because The Internet, the upcoming full length album from Childish Gambino, will be released as a limited vinyl run, exclusive to indie record stores. The pressing will be on 180-gram double red vinyl (limited to 800), while serving as one of the official “bootleg” pressings that have been coming out, which will have a stamped, numbered cover. A standard release may be coming in 2014, but currently, the red vinyl is the only scheduled for 2013.

The pressing will be available on December 10th. It was available for a short time over at Amoeba Records, but has since sold out. We’ll keep you updated on what stores stock it.

Got any indie retailers around you? This shouldn't be horribly difficult to find in the wild if you're diligent

I do, but I work weird as hell hours and don't have a car so getting to them in a huge affair with public transit.

Hopefully I can make it work somehow.. I don't want to fall behind - I already paid way too much for that Heartbeat 12''