A Loss For Words - Before It Caves (Vinyl?)

tumblr_inline_ms9mup3qFu1qz4rgp.jpg

Alright, so how did I miss that this album came out...I didn't see any reviews, postings, preorders...absolutely nothing...

And why is it not being pressed? 

So far I have liked everything that I have listened to from it. It is certainly as good as Young New England by Transit and that got pressed...so whats up Rise?

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the actual Vinyl board or the Everything Else board because it is not on vinyl, but I am really confused as to why it wasn't pressed. All of their other stuff has been pressed and considering the scene/fanbase the band has...I don't know...It just would have made sense to me...

Its hard to sell records when you don't promote...I had no idea this even came out until today...and it came out October 8th

I just thought it was weird

Yea true story, rise definitely has inconsistent promotion for their artists. They seem to stick with what has always made them money and most of their new artists with a different sound for them get the shaft.

Love these guys so much! One of the most fun bands to see in the local Boston and South Shore area as I was growing up. A huge influence on me today and one of the main reasons why I got into punk music.This album has definitely grown on me with each listen. I would really hope that this does get pressed on vinyl. I'm slowly increasing my variant collection for these guys. As for promotion, they definitely took an interesting approach. I followed them of Facebook, and they were constantly uploading videos of people saying good things about the record. Some big names in the scene and whatnot. However, this album, being released on October 8, seemed to be forgotten in the slew of other big releases that day.

This record really did get lost in the shuffle of all the ADTR news around that time.  Also, all of the promo videos for this came off weird, like the people in them (many of whom I like a lot) were just begging you to buy the record instead of being genuinely excited about it.

Regardless, my biggest complaint about this album is the guest vocalists.  I don't mind a good guest spot, even if it seems like it's trying to sell records by association, and I love Soupy, Jimmy Stadt, and Lynn Gunn's parts, but in the context of the album, they just highlight the fact that AL4W's vocalist isn't anywhere near the same level.

Regardless, my biggest complaint about this album is the guest vocalists.  I don't mind a good guest spot, even if it seems like it's trying to sell records by association, and I love Soupy, Jimmy Stadt, and Lynn Gunn's parts, but in the context of the album, they just highlight the fact that AL4W's vocalist isn't anywhere near the same level.

Interesting that you say that. I think Matty's voice is one of the best in pop punk. I'd probably put him right behind Derek from State Champs. He's on point live, especially during acoustic shows.

• 1 month later...

I'm in Norton right now. But when I was younger, I lived in Milford briefly as well as Norwood. These guys were playing at VFWs around there all the time with bands like Vanna and Therefore I Am. So much fun.

I'm from Norwood. I bet I was in those same VFW and American Foreign Legion Halls with you. AL4W, Vanna, Therefore I Am, Faraway, Fordoes me Quite, the Northwood, The Receiving End of Sirens, etc. Good times. 

I'm from Norwood. I bet I was in those same VFW and American Foreign Legion Halls with you. AL4W, Vanna, Therefore I Am, Faraway, Fordoes me Quite, the Northwood, The Receiving End of Sirens, etc. Good times. 

Yup, all of those bands. Four Year Strong too. Damn, those were some fun times. Norwood American Legion was the spot. The local scene killed it back in the day. It was such a fun mix of punk.