Flaming LIps/Tame Impala Vinyl

I just asked RT again what's happening - I do it about once a month.

Perhaps they have vastly oversold them and are waiting for people to lose patience and cancel their orders until they can fulfil the ones left.

Well I'm game. We'll see who rusts first.

You are suffering what I like to call, Denials Syndrome, where anything and everything is a possibility haha.

But seriously I'd rip Rough Trade on this one and just cancel. Wasn't it promised in like January?

You are suffering what I like to call, Denials Syndrome, where anything and everything is a possibility haha.

But seriously I'd rip Rough Trade on this one and just cancel. Wasn't it promised in like January?

I pre-ordered mine at the end of November. I'm waiting for the 1st EP 12" and Cassette demos 7" as well. I has those two on order from a US store which I cancelled.

I can wait. I'm not expecting to get them, but I want the satisfaction of them having to cancel it, not me.

they answered and told me to send them 60$ +12 shipping its too expensive for me, i like records but its for personal use.. not to make a quick buck down the line.. and heres something else i found

they were already on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLAMING-LIPS-TAME-IMPALA-Split-12-LP-rare-OOP-2000-COLORED-VINYL-LIMITED-NEW-/400677544989?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5d4a3e241d

Meanwhile,

Dear customer,

Regretfully, we have had to cancel your order for The Flaming Lips / Tame Impala 'Split' 12".

We know the majority of you that ordered this record, ordered it months ago. This item was hugely limited as you all know, but at the time we were assured by the US distributor that we would be receiving enough copies to fulfil our quota for pre-orders, but this transpired to not be the case, despite our best attempts.

We have honoured the existing orders with the stock we did receive today, on a first come, first serve basis (i.e.: when the orders were originally placed) and also had to minimise this to one copy per person.

We're extremely disappointed that we couldn't supply this record to everyone that wanted it, and also for the length of time it took to provide confirmation of this.

Rough Trade.

I forgot I'd ordered it. Thankfully I already snagged a copy from oojavagurusnag  a while back. Sucks I couldnt help one of yall with my surprise second copy

Meanwhile,

Dear customer,

Regretfully, we have had to cancel your order for The Flaming Lips / Tame Impala 'Split' 12".

We know the majority of you that ordered this record, ordered it months ago. This item was hugely limited as you all know, but at the time we were assured by the US distributor that we would be receiving enough copies to fulfil our quota for pre-orders, but this transpired to not be the case, despite our best attempts.

We have honoured the existing orders with the stock we did receive today, on a first come, first serve basis (i.e.: when the orders were originally placed) and also had to minimise this to one copy per person.

We're extremely disappointed that we couldn't supply this record to everyone that wanted it, and also for the length of time it took to provide confirmation of this.

Rough Trade.

I haven't had that email, and RT don't seem to send out dispatch notices, so perhaps I will get it. Do you know what your order date was? Might still be able to see it on the RT site.

Now you've posted that, I don't suspect they'll be available much longer! Thanks for letting me know about them, but I don't want it enough to pay nearly $80 for it as I live in the UK.

I also realise that I should put my location on my profile so people know that.

Edit: The purple smoked vinyl in the Guest Room Records store looks lovely. Rainbows Are Free - Believers In Medicine:

http://guestroom-records.com/GRR.html

Meanwhile,

Dear customer,

Rough Trade.

I forgot I'd ordered it. Thankfully I already snagged a copy from oojavagurusnag  a while back. Sucks I couldnt help one of yall with my surprise second copy

who is this oojavagurusnag?  lol.    

Glad to help out.  If I see any more out in the wild, I'll let the board know.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...