what bands do you collect?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realized I collect more bands than I thought:

Akimbo (I think I have everything but the tests, as there were no variants)

New Mexican Disaster Squad (I think I have everything but the first 7" test)

Fake Problems (I don't have any tests but I have everything but the clear Euro LP)

Teenage Bottlerocket (The only offical release I'm missing is "Another Way" on Pink, though I don't have any of the tests or the odd variants).

Gaslight Anthem (I currently have all the standard releases but no test presses)

Western Addiction (all but the test presses...Like all 4 records)

I'm also working on a Bronx collection but that's harder as people actually collect The Bronx stuff.

i guess these are the ones i have been working on lately. i have some other small bands i would like to finish up, but since they dont have that many records i will keep those off the list.

i also go through phases of collecting a certain band... LTJ can get old since there are so many pressings and when some bands records start increasing in price i will swap to a band that is less in demand at the moment.

1. screeching weasel

2. as friends rust

3. steinways

4. propagandhi

5. less than jake

6. guttermouth

7. nofx

8. jawbreaker

i guess the young livers - i have all the colors and the test of their only LP

starting a good riddance, and pink lincolns collection

oh and i guess i have a lawrence arm collection... well you can call it a collection after all the old LPs get pressed this year.

Guest scriptedrain
Moved to the Vinyl board.

thanks, wasn't really sure.

No prob, welcome aboard!

To answer your question, there's really one band that I actively try to get all the pressings and variations from: Death Cab for Cutie.

Jess and I do collect other bands like The White Stripes and The Blood Brothers (among a few others) but not very actively or to an excessive point.

bands (that haven't broken up) that I'm actively collecting (not buying all variations but trying to get at least one of everything on CD and vinyl)

Manic Street Preachers (been collecting them for 15+ years now)

(+44)

Ash

Bloc Party

Bullet for My Valentine

Explosions in the Sky

Fightstar

Funeral for a Friend

The Futureheads

Hundred Reasons

Idlewild

Jimmy Eat World

Mogwai

Mono

Sigur Ros

Stereolab

Weezer

The Wildhearts

there are a bunch of other bands who i have somewhat complete collections for but they have broken up or i lost interest in their new stuff

Blink 182

A

The Cooper Temple Clause

Blur

The D4

Mansun

Ride

Slowdive

Snuff

Spiritualized

Therapy?

There are plenty of bands that I try to have 1 of everything of, but the only band I've gone the variation(s) route with is Lifetime.

Although now that their Vinyl is going to be handled by No Idea, I'm starting to re-think it, as I don't have the time or money to track down every marbled sort-of-grey version they decide to put out.