Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

I went with Hillman. Supposedly the broncos were thinking about playing him more over montee ball even before the injury.

Can't make sense of this level of Oliver hype. He has one good game. Bobby Rainey did too last year. If he was incred, I think we would have at least heard his name before last week.

When in doubt, I'm taking the guy who's working with Peyton.

The hype is based on touches. Our no. 1 and 2 RBs on the depth chart out with injury. Woodhead for the year. Donald Brown was getting 30 touches before he got his concussion. Oliver did more with less touches, and against the no. 1 rush defense. They're going to continue to feed him the ball because 1. Chargers have no other RB's to really rely on (we just picked up Draughn as depth chart filler who does get touches but Oliver was with us in the pre-season and beat out Grice for the last spot on RB list) 2. The Chargers are playing the Raiders... Oliver is a great patch fix and looks to take over the role of Danny Woodhead anyhow, which was 3rd and longs, swing pass type back. The Raiders are old on the defensive front and should have been fully melted by the start of the 4th quarter where hopefully the Chargers are up 2 scores, and running some clock off but actively looking to score.

The hype is based on touches. Our no. 1 and 2 RBs on the depth chart out with injury. Woodhead for the year. Donald Brown was getting 30 touches before he got his concussion. Oliver did more with less touches, and against the no. 1 rush defense. They're going to continue to feed him the ball because 1. Chargers have no other RB's to really rely on (we just picked up Draughn as depth chart filler who does get touches but Oliver was with us in the pre-season and beat out Grice for the last spot on RB list) 2. The Chargers are playing the Raiders... Oliver is a great patch fix and looks to take over the role of Danny Woodhead anyhow, which was 3rd and longs, swing pass type back. The Raiders are old on the defensive front and should have been fully melted by the start of the 4th quarter where hopefully the Chargers are up 2 scores, and running some clock off but actively looking to score.

"When in doubt, I'm taking the guy who's working with Peyton."

Also... Montee Ball was kind of having a pedestrian year. 

Oliver has more yards and TDs (2) from scrimmage in one game than Montee Ball had all season... Just sayin'!

"When in doubt, I'm taking the guy who's working with Peyton."

Also... Montee Ball was kind of having a pedestrian year. 

Oliver has more yards and TDs (2) from scrimmage in one game than Montee Ball had all season... Just sayin'!

I was arguing for Hillman, not Montee Ball.

I would love to have Oliver and see what he does, no doubt. I couldn't get both of them off the wire. I was also considering multiple weeks, and Ryan Mathews could be back next.

I'm just pumping the brakes on the guy a little bit. He's an undrafted rookie with 1 good game under his belt. Could easily come out and rush 10 carries for 20 yards this week and a couple nothing catches.  It's happened before. Seems like the fantasy community is over-reacting to what he did last week to me.

I was arguing for Hillman, not Montee Ball.

I would love to have Oliver and see what he does, no doubt. I couldn't get both of them off the wire. I was also considering multiple weeks, and Ryan Mathews could be back next.

I'm just pumping the brakes on the guy a little bit. He's an undrafted rookie with 1 good game under his belt. Could easily come out and rush 10 carries for 20 yards this week and a couple nothing catches.  It's happened before. Seems like the fantasy community is over-reacting to what he did last week to me.

True! The variable of ball control is still up the air for sure. I kind of liken his break out to a Doug Martin though. We shall see!

How the eff does espn have demarco murray projected at 19 this week?

He could very well get 2tds in the red zone and 60 yards or something like that

Dallas has played the Rams, Texans, and Titans (bad rushing defenses so far), the Saints (mediocre), and the Niners (stout run D).

He did run well against the Niners. The Seahawks are ridiculously good in that regard, though (62.3 yards per game).

I think he's good for 80 total yards and a 50/50 shot to score a touchdown, so projection should be about 11. Just my thoughts, though..