The Beatles - White Album XONE.HUNDRED /450

I feel like it would be kind of silly to do an unlimited pressing of something like this which would surely only have a niche market, but then again who knows? It is, admittedly, just as likely that it's been shut down for legal reasons.

I don't know how legal this all is, but he mentioned doing it in interviews a long time ago. It is not like he is doing this on the dl. Maybe the big bad record company is letting it slide just to generate press? Either way, I wrote him again to ask(pester) about pressing info. Still waiting for a response, though I'm sure he has a lot of people bugging him right now.

can someone provide his e-mail or ask about availablity? The Oldies sale made me delay this purchase and now the buy option is gone.

This is the email address that was (past tense since the Universal hit squad are probably making modern art of his face) his Paypal

rchang [AT] wesleyan [DOT] edu

I feel like it would be kind of silly to do an unlimited pressing of something like this which would surely only have a niche market, but then again who knows? It is, admittedly, just as likely that it's been shut down for legal reasons.

I would say this has a pretty diverse market appeal. Beatles fans, rock fans, art dudes, noise dudes...

If the pressing was limited to only 800 or 1000 I would be willing to bet it sold out. That is extremely limited considering it's a Beatles record.

I did a search on the Hoffman forums to see if news broke there about this release. I remember there being a few threads about the art installation way back when that was a thing, but I was curious to see if the actual LP pressing made any splash

Pages and pages of people buying multiple copies. They're going nuts over it. It's awesome, he might have sold out to posters there alone!

When there was allegedly 800 copies up for grabs, I thought this record was a cool concept, but not one I'd ever listen to.

And now that copies have become difficult to obtain, I think this record is a cool concept, but not one I'd ever listen to.

When did it ever say there were only 800 copies being pressed? 800 is roughly the number of White Albums this guy owns.

His intent was to make it "unlimited", but that might not be the case given his Paypal link has been taken down.

When did it ever say there were only 800 copies being pressed? 800 is roughly the number of White Albums this guy owns.

His intent was to make it "unlimited", but that might not be the case given his Paypal link has been taken down.

Gotcha'. I must've looked right over that. But either way; my feelings on the record and project are the same, regardless of whether copies are scarce or bountiful. Rarity shouldn't change the level of interest in the music.

Please.

I'm sticking to it.  Rarity (and indirectly, value) may waver the interest in "owning" (read: obtaining) a record.  But as far as the music itself?

[ / ∞ ]

Eh, I think this album is kind of cool.  I guess.  I could see myself maybe enjoying it on occasion.

[ / 100 ]

Holy shit this is fantastic.  Wow very original, much impressed.

Tampa, FL. I'm pretty sure I ordered mine the first day they went on sale.

I ordered this as soon as I saw it as well. I thought it sounded great when I listened and would be a great memento of the actual installation. Glad to hear that they're actually going out, got my fingers crossed this shows up. How big is the poster?

I ordered this as soon as I saw it as well. I thought it sounded great when I listened and would be a great memento of the actual installation. Glad to hear that they're actually going out, got my fingers crossed this shows up. How big is the poster?

It's 24x24, with the 100 covers on the front and some thank yous on the back. The whole package just looks so cool in person. 

My biggest regret of it all was I judged the sound cloud clip from my laptop :(

But do you know if it's stereo out put? Or just mono? Like, did he just layer them and save file output or did they go in and produce/master certain sounds to jump out more or less?

It was always going to sound like ass, layering 100 albums over each other just can't sound great. The vinyl probably sounds like the Soundcloud page, but with the colorations that come with vinyl playback.