He might be legit. I found a Hot Topic band merch tee buyer on LinkedIn who use to be assistant music buyer at Hot Topic a few years ago by the name of Mike.

But anyone can make an account and say they're Mike from Hot Topic just like anyone can make an account and say they're Jake from State Farm.

Really? Their stage presence would lead me to believe otherwise. That's a shame :/

They claimed that Travis singed a contract that granted them 10% off of anything he made for 10 years after leaving the band. The lead singer also said Tom and Mark were posers which wouldn't be anything if it wasn't for Travis.

Also, according to Travis' book. Most people think their 2003 album is self-titled, but Hoppus insisted it is actually untitled.

They claimed that Travis singed a contract that granted them 10% off of anything he made for 10 years after leaving the band. The lead singer also said Tom and Mark were posers which wouldn't be anything if it wasn't for Travis.

Also, according to Travis' book. Most people think their 2003 album is self-titled, but Hoppus insisted it is actually untitled.

Any proof in the book beyond him just stating it? Maybe a copy of the contract?

Guest Mike From Hot Topic

Sorry, guys.  Someone said to create a "Mike" screen name so I figured I might as well.  I was just fooling around and playing off the HT customer support persona that Travis developed.  I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

Ummmm...?

Mike, how many +44 were pressed this time?

I don't know the exact numbers (since that was something that was already finished up by Travis before he left) but I do know that it was fewer than 2000 copies.

Ummmm...?

I don't know the exact numbers (since that was something that was already finished up by Travis before he left) but I do know that it was fewer than 2000 copies.

It's only going to get much weirder from here on out. Let this be your warning. I wish you the best of luck and to fulfil my bullshit 2000s emo, Santi- The Academy Is... needs to be pressed.

Still don't believe this dude is real

The problem is, there's no way to prove he isn't. I just checked the birthdays of a few of this thread's frequent members...none of them match up with August 13, 1991. Either he's legit or the pretender is just smart enough not to use his/her real birthday :shrug: