2. Harry's Place
3. American Skin (41 Shots)
4. Just Like Fire Would 
5. Down In The Hole
6. Heaven's Wall
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter Of Invisible Game
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad (Duet with Tom Morello)
11.The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream

looking forward to a studio american skin and ghost of tom joad with morello....and just about everything else.

I'd rather have a reissue of Tom Joad and not ever hear Morello in general, but I suppose this will do until those two can be achieved!  In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to this.  Even though newer Springsteen has been a little up and down in my book, I still love the hell out of it and he has yet to release something that I've truly disliked.

A lot of people on the Springsteen boards are bitching about the recycled nature of this record (because it's all old material) and the fact that Springsteen is just going through the motions to satisfy his release obligations under his Sony contract.

Personally, I'm happy to hear any material Bruce wants to put out. As the Tracks boxed set has proven, Springsteen's unreleased material is better than a lot of artists can hope for.

A lot of people on the Springsteen boards are bitching about the recycled nature of this record (because it's all old material) and the fact that Springsteen is just going through the motions to satisfy his release obligations under his Sony contract.

Personally, I'm happy to hear any material Bruce wants to put out. As the Tracks boxed set has proven, Springsteen's unreleased material is better than a lot of artists can hope for.

That dude has thrown away better songs than most musicians will ever write.

i just wish the ramones had a chance to record hungry heart, i have always wondered what they would have did with it had landau allowed bruce to give it up as originally planned. And i know this is a dream, but i really want electric nebraska to see the light of day.

I'm in the middle of reading Bruce by Peter Ames Carlin right now. Great book for anyone interested in The Boss. The sheer length of time he spent in the studio (18 months to record The River) and the volume of resulting works (something like 70 songs recorded between the start and finish of the full-band Nebraska/Born in the USA sessions, and the last one he wrote was Dancing in the Dark) is insane.

I like the Dream Baby Dream studio version he previewed a lot, except for those awful instantly-dated filtered drum sounds Bruce insists on using in all his post 2000 work. Really hurts some otherwise great songs.

Is the entire thing really old songs? There isn't anything newly written on here? I'm excited either way, but I didn't realize that just looking at the tracklisting and I'm a pretty big fan.

'High Hopes' finds Bruce Springsteen in a number of different musical settings, and includes the E Street Band members in various large and small combinations as well as guitarist Tom Morello on eight tracks. Besides Morello, the album also includes appearances on several songs by Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and Danny Federici, who passed away in 2008, on what Springsteen calls "some of our best unreleased material from the past decade." The album was recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia and New York City and marks Springsteen's 18th studio album. As Bruce writes in the albums liner notes, "I felt they were among the best of my writing and deserved a proper studio recording." 

Is the entire thing really old songs? There isn't anything newly written on here? I'm excited either way, but I didn't realize that just looking at the tracklisting and I'm a pretty big fan.

Not everything but a lot. This article gives the scoop on the recycled stuff

http://www.nj.com/springsteen/index.ssf/2013/11/are_these_the_12_songs_are_a_n.html

'High Hopes' finds Bruce Springsteen in a number of different musical settings, and includes the E Street Band members in various large and small combinations as well as guitarist Tom Morello on eight tracks. Besides Morello, the album also includes appearances on several songs by Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and Danny Federici, who passed away in 2008, on what Springsteen calls "some of our best unreleased material from the past decade." The album was recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia and New York City and marks Springsteen's 18th studio album. As Bruce writes in the albums liner notes, "I felt they were among the best of my writing and deserved a proper studio recording."

Very glad to read this. One of my biggest regrets is not going to see them a few years ago when before clarance and dans passing. Living in wv the closest they came was charlotte. I wanted to take my old man, who missed bruces one and only show in charleston in 78. I sholdve went and sold smack or something for a few weeks for the cash.

Anybody here seen springsteen and I?

Got to see the ESB (with Clarence) quite a few times on that run of shows they did after Danny died... Truly epic setlists there. Last time I saw Clarence, they did BTR front-to-back, so I basically got to see him do Jungleland one last time. Amazing.

This album seems alright, but I wish Bruce would just get on with releasing Tracks 2. And a River box set (with outtakes!). And then a BITUSA box set (with outtakes!!!!).

Springsteen & I ain't bad. Half of the "fans" featured will make you embarrassed to be a fan, tho.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some real clunkers on here but a few gems as well. Really dig the studio cut of 41 Shots but I like the live Joad better than the one on here. Down In The Hole is great and Harry's Place kinda sounds like Knopfler. Probably won't listen to about half this record ever, but will definitely keep a few songs handy.