COLD WAR KIDS - Robbers And Cowards LP Reissue

...And then giving you no option for a refund. You get store credit, so they've essentially got your money for good, the moment you submit a payment.

It's diabolical and genius. A perfect trap for trigger happy collectors.

I don't care if this is on color. I think I'd prefer this on 180g black. Hopefully in stores too so I can make a trip out of it.

I was waiting to see if there was a coloured or limited version but the band and label websites don't say anything

highly unlikely, they have never done a limited variant or anything. Numbered old 7's is about it…and those silly "bootleg" editions that really is a cheap sleeve with no cover art or center labels….with a stamp! (record label doing these, not the band of course)

They are about the music not so much the gimmicks….at least they were?

highly unlikely, they have never done a limited variant or anything. Numbered old 7's is about it…and those silly "bootleg" editions that really is a cheap sleeve with no cover art or center labels….with a stamp! (record label doing these, not the band of course)

They are about the music not so much the gimmicks….at least they were?

Serious question: if that's true, why is an OP of this album so hard to come by?  You'd think they would have just pressed more...

• 3 weeks later...

Serious question: if that's true, why is an OP of this album so hard to come by?  You'd think they would have just pressed more...

They were pretty small band when they put out that Debut. My guess is it was a very small pressing. Maybe 5,000? Or less. They get more popular as time passes, those 5,000 go up! Its probably less than 5,000 (heck I don't know) but the band was not popular until their 3rd album, started getting praise and noticed to the masses, before that they were more of an indie band! 

I don't know who pressed the debut, and who owns the recordings, but my guess is it took some time, once they got popular enough to hash out the details to repress it?

Speculation

There was also the white vinyl LP Up In Rags, With Our Wallets Full release that was put out by Monarchy Music around the same time as the first LP, I bet that was pressed in even less numbers and was meant to cash in on the first LP.

http://www.discogs.com/Cold-War-Kids-Up-In-Rags-With-Our-Wallets-Full/release/1145812.

I bought one around the time of the first LP and I don't think I have seen another.