Merry VChristmas.. rybread's raffle part 2.

***NO LONGER TAKING SUBMISSIONS***

As I've mentioned in a few threads over the last several months, I have my first art opening tonight. It's incredibly exciting, and I could not be more grateful for the opportunity. On display is a full series of portraits of present and past WWE superstars. It's been so damn fun doing this whole thing, and I already can't wait to move on to my next series... which I'm probably going to rely on VC's assistance to decide just what that will be. (Arrested Development cast? Breaking Bad? Musicians from the 80's?)

But anyway... Last year, I was able to do something with VC's help that simply felt amazing. Being able to give like that to the underprivileged is just untouchable. While I won't be going over the top this year, I'm still helping out a couple kids in the same program.

Really, I'm still grateful for everyone who participated in that- but I'm also grateful for this community and all the friends that I have here. I know I have a funny way of showing that at times, and a really not-so-funny way of showing it at others. (I've learned from my "oldies" mistakes, and have also smoothed things out with sacredheart. Also, Scott, your playground comment was spot-on. Just sayin'..)

But anyway. I don't have a copy of Devil & God to giveaway this year, but I do have something more personal in mind, as well as the time now to do it. I'm going to open up a raffle, where everyone here at VC is eligible, where I will produce a portrait of the winner's choice. Whether you want it to be your favorite artist, actor, your mom.. anyone. I just need the source material to be large... by Google's standards at least. 

All of my portraits are done in chalk and charcoal. Prior to this project, I'd never worked in the medium, but it's been really awesome. Everything I've done has also been 18x24, which is the format I plan on sticking to.

All entries are due by Sunday the 15th at midnight by PM. (not the opposite of AM..)

Also, I do plan on doing a few of these for family members as Christmas gifts. Coupling that with a holiday retail schedule, I can't guarantee that this will be done for Christmas- just in case you wanted to do this as a gift. I will say that it will be mailed no later than the second week of January.

Also ALSO in the second week of January- mattsteelnj & abovetheearth.. I have not forgotten about y'all. Once my work comes off display, I will have The Hitman and The Animal headed your way. Thank you both for the much needed momentum in the early stages!

And finally, Casey.. I promise I will get yours done. The blueprint is still pinned up in my studio. 

Happy holidays everyone. Good luck, and here's to hoping for an utterly ridiculous submission from the winner!

No money involved- hell, I'll even cover shipping!

But anyone who wants in, just make sure to pm me by Sunday. Don't worry about making a selection yet or anything.. I just need names to pull.

pretty sure you should do horror icons. that would be kick ass.

also do you somehow finish your work with a spray? i remember in high school my teacher always said to use hairspray after finishing a project when using chalk.

I do, and I'm glad I was smart enough to be on that early on.

However, I did manage to kind of fuck one up during transportation, forgetting to spray it first. The good news is that I had to go back and fix it, and it turned out way better!

But really, thanks for all the encouragement. I just finished getting everything set up, and now I just can't wait for 6:00 to get here.

Awesome stuff.

Entering. I've wanted a Mr. Burns portrait forever. If I win, I'm putting it in a fancy-ass frame like its a portrait of George Washington or something.

If you win, I already know which rendition of burnsy I'll use.