Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

there is a naked guy with a splattered record covering his junk if you search #januaryrecordaday right now. I almost spit my toothpaste out everywhere as I was browsing that hashtag before bed.

I think he misunderstood what the hole in the middle of vinyl is for...

But haha lots of awesome splatter vinyl out there. Really interesting to see what kinda  gems people have in their collection 

I personally don't mind people playing catch up, doesn't bother me.

What's been the most difficult day for people so far? I guess mine was the collection, since I only have discographies, and not collections of variants etc.

Yeah, the collection for me was tough. I did less than jake. I do not want all of their stuff. I mean, some of it is atrocious. It was tough for me trying to get it all in to the fewest number of pictures I could.

Also posted my used bin record. I saw someone say this was almost impossible because everyone has 90% of their collection as used bin finds.

Wtf?!

Maybe 75% of my collection is from a used bin or pre-owned section of a record store, so I'll find it difficult. Do you have a larger amount of new vinyl?

I'm surprised that so many people have posted some newer stuff that they found in "used" bins.  It might just be the stores I go to, but most of the stuff I find used are just older albums (for example, today I posted Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Damn the Torpedoes") but I'm seeing photos of stuff that just came out in the last few years. 

Also, for tomorrow's "high school album" are most people treating this as an album that came out while we were in high school or something we listened to a lot in high school?  I guess there aren't definite rules but I was just curious how people were going to treat tomorrow's challenge.

I'm surprised that so many people have posted some newer stuff that they found in "used" bins.  It might just be the stores I go to, but most of the stuff I find used are just older albums (for example, today I posted Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Damn the Torpedoes") but I'm seeing photos of stuff that just came out in the last few years. 

Also, for tomorrow's "high school album" are most people treating this as an album that came out while we were in high school or something we listened to a lot in high school?  I guess there aren't definite rules but I was just curious how people were going to treat tomorrow's challenge.

I was thinking about this one. I'm going to post two I think - 1) an actual album I bought in high school and listened to at the time and 2) an album I replaced on vinyl that was a favourite in high school.

Almost about half of my collection I got used. Not necessarily from a bin, but from the record store wall.

Yeah, same here. Most of my local stores have huge used sections. Relatively rare for me to buy new. I don't have the cash for it!

Also posted my used bin record. I saw someone say this was almost impossible because everyone has 90% of their collection as used bin finds.

Wtf?!

I know a lot of hipsters just buy tons of old crap from thrift stores to put on their shelfs to look like they have a "collection"

I didn't have any records in high school, so I'm treating it as albums that I listened to a lot in high school.

I listened to pretty wretched music in high school so needless to say, when I got a turntable, I didn't buy any of that junk on vinyl.  But there are things that I bought and listen to heavily now that came out when I was in high school (I was just oblivious to it) so I think I'm going to post a pic of one of thos albums tomorrow.