Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

it happened. great show. i used to do sound at the venue so i had the camera plugged into the sound board. one of these days i will find all the tapes from there. 

Yeah, that's awesome.

I'm doing all mine right now. Still have about a hundred to go...http://www.seendb.com/cwhitman412

I don't know how dreamover added 322 concerts already.  I barely have the attention span to add 100.

i used to have a boring job, sitting at a computer all day. i enjoy web-researching and spreadsheets, so one day, to pass the time i started putting every show i could remember in a spreadsheet, while googling the exact dates and openers. i made a pretty comprehensive list over two weeks. it was pretty easy to add them all in.

Hey everybody, I posted some new updates. You can now easily browse & search all the bands/concerts/venues/locations sitewide (instead of user by user). Look for the 'Browse SeenDB" link on the site.

For example, a list of all the bands is here: http://www.seendb.com/bands. You can search for bands, find all of their shows that are on SeenDB, and everybody who's seen them.

Soon, I'll be adding the ability to:

• browse comments (better conversations!)
  • browse concert photos
  • see most recently posted concerts/venues/users
  • see a leaderboard of users/concerts/bands

i booked shows for 11 years in western PA, maybe i'll start working on adding them up to that site. 

http://www.seendb.com/mike-t/concerts

updated with 2001 - 2010 shows I booked under erieshows.com, had no real database of everything so I had to go through every post on the archived website... brought back some crazy memories.  Never ever take your venues for granted. 

next up, adding everything I booked in pittsburgh from 06 - 11.  much less organized with that show information :( 

Yeah, currently it'll create duplicate concerts. It's kind of by design until I come up with a better solution. For example, say you went to a festival and saw only 5 bands. You wouldn't want all 50 bands to be added to your concert history because somebody else saw them.

Let me know which concerts need merged and I can merge them for you.

I don't need any ( haven't actually used the site yet :P ).

Dupes are bad in my opinion, because if your site makes it big, you want it to have accurate information, and lots of information too.  Plus ( i personally ) will want to be able to search for past shows to add since it'll be so much harder to remember otherwise.

Here is maybe a better solution though.

Have shows include a list of all bands that are added - and simply checkmark the bands that you've seen that will show up on your profile!

http://www.seendb.com/mike-t/concerts

updated with 2001 - 2010 shows I booked under erieshows.com, had no real database of everything so I had to go through every post on the archived website... brought back some crazy memories.  Never ever take your venues for granted. 

next up, adding everything I booked in pittsburgh from 06 - 11.  much less organized with that show information :(

Nice! That's one of the main reasons I created the site. All of that info was just (1) in my head, (2) buried in email, (3) sitting on an old hard drive, or (4) lost forever. The shows were such a big part of my life it would be a shame not to try to get some kind of archive of them.

I don't need any ( haven't actually used the site yet :P ).

Dupes are bad in my opinion, because if your site makes it big, you want it to have accurate information, and lots of information too.  Plus ( i personally ) will want to be able to search for past shows to add since it'll be so much harder to remember otherwise.

Here is maybe a better solution though.

Have shows include a list of all bands that are added - and simply checkmark the bands that you've seen that will show up on your profile!

Agreed. You can currently browse/search past shows on SeenDB and click to add them to your history. The case where duplicates could get created is when you are adding concerts manually.

I've added my gig history since 2009 (+into 1 show from 2008 so far)! http://www.seendb.com/pxiia still so much more to add.

As a someone who absolutely loves going to shows and concert statistics -I'm addicted to this site already!
Used to have last.fm as my main concert archive and before last.fm just wordpad where I tried to update how many times I've seen bands and how many times in what places  - but didn't keep up with that so seendb is a great idea for sure. +what Last.fm also lacks is of course the ability to remove the bands you didn't actually see at a show.

Just a couple of  things, it seems to mash venues with the same name into same location. Any way to prevent this?

Also noticed that when adding bands who have letters outside of a-z in their name, they get cut short and you have to go through edit until able to add them correctly. Eg Rytmihäiriö would be just Rytmih.

cheers, this is awesome website!

Hey everybody, I posted some new updates. You can now easily browse & search all the bands/concerts/venues/locations sitewide (instead of user by user). Look for the 'Browse SeenDB" link on the site.

For example, a list of all the bands is here: http://www.seendb.com/bands. You can search for bands, find all of their shows that are on SeenDB, and everybody who's seen them.

Soon, I'll be adding the ability to:

• browse comments (better conversations!)
  • browse concert photos
  • see most recently posted concerts/venues/users
  • see a leaderboard of users/concerts/bands

If you try to sort, it only does it by that specific page you are currently on. Can you change it so it sorts the entire list instead?

Also, you should probably have some people that can assist in cleaning stuff up, merging duplicate band names, etc etc. Like there may be something where it's both Captain, We're Sinking and just Captain We're Sinking and it shows up twice. Definitely need some moderators or a submission system to fix things up.

Edit: Actually, this is weird, Captain, We're Sinking is an option but due to the comma thing it adds it twice. Weird.

I've added my gig history since 2009 (+into 1 show from 2008 so far)! http://www.seendb.com/pxiia still so much more to add.

As a someone who absolutely loves going to shows and concert statistics -I'm addicted to this site already!

Used to have last.fm as my main concert archive and before last.fm just wordpad where I tried to update how many times I've seen bands and how many times in what places  - but didn't keep up with that so seendb is a great idea for sure. +what Last.fm also lacks is of course the ability to remove the bands you didn't actually see at a show.

Just a couple of  things, it seems to mash venues with the same name into same location. Any way to prevent this?

Also noticed that when adding bands who have letters outside of a-z in their name, they get cut short and you have to go through edit until able to add them correctly. Eg Rytmihäiriö would be just Rytmih.

cheers, this is awesome website!

Hey, glad you're digging it!

Yeah, the Venue / Location thing is a bit wonky as you mention. Also, the way it's currently set up, you have to add a venue if you want to add a location, which I don't really like. I'll figure out a better solution to this soon.

Thanks for letting me know about the special characters issue. I hadn't noticed that.