PO: Junius - Days of the Fallen Sun EP

The handling seems too heavy handed and outside of themes Baizley typically works with. It could be Matthew Schwab. He did the cover for The Blue Letter's last album. It's hard to compare, though, since The Blue Letter's cover has completely different subject matter.

EDIT I meant Mike Repasch-Nieves. Got designer and illustrator mixed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for all the interest in the new Junius EP. Just came across this thread and wanted to respond to a few things, if only to show that we appreciate the feedback:

--We had no control over the shipping rates that Indie Merch charged. In fact, as of this week we have closed our Indie Merch webshop and opened a new one with shipping rates that will hopefully be more agreeable. (I believe $5 will be our standard price for a shipping an LP domestically, which covers the USPS media mail rate for 2 lbs., tracking, the shipping materials, etc.) 

--We have a European webshop (http://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/prostheticrecords/), but apparently they're only offering the black LP variant. Not sure why. In theory, though, European fans would pay lower shipping rates by ordering through the European webshop, as that's the primary reason we launched it.

--Just as we did last time around, we worked with the band and their former label to come up with some cool variants, as we know that some people like to order directly from the band, and we also respect that Mylene was serving their fans before we were. Hopefully everyone will be happy with whatever version they end up with.

The colored vinyl will finally be in hand tomorrow, so please stay tuned for pictures of the non-black variants. Thanks again for ordering, regardless of your vendor of choice!

Prosthetic USA

• 2 weeks later...

That Mylene variant turned out even nicer than I expected.  What's pretty wild is that the colors seem to be layered.  If you're like me, one of your first instincts after opening a record is to hold it up against the light.  And on my copy, there are these giant, opaque shapes (blobs) that are only visible when lit up from behind... that appear on neither side.  Like they're sandwiched in the center of the vinyl, but only visible when illuminated.  It's pretty interesting.

Love the matte finish on this thing, too.  Hand numbered #56 / 100 in gold ink.  Was this advertised as 180 gram?  Because it sure feels like it.

F my life.

I'm just getting into Junius and I'm late on everything.

Passed on a /100 Junius - ST for ~29 shipped on ebay, and I regret it every day.

Better late than never, at least.  I think you'll be able to find one of the fancier variants of this release with a little bit of patience.  The /500 180 gram black is still available if you'd like.  Dat free coozie, too.

F my life.

I'm just getting into Junius and I'm late on everything.

Passed on a /100 Junius - ST for ~29 shipped on ebay, and I regret it every day.

Prosthetic still has the bone x/~100 edition left:

http://store.prostheticrecords.com/products/524536-junius-days-of-the-fallen-sun-lp