Recommend me albums that sound great on vinyl based off my tastes

I'm always in the market for new music. Here are some of my favorite bands from my two biggest genres of music, indie rock/folk and hip hop

Indie rock/folk: the national, of Montreal, Andrew bird, the dodos, Junip, franz Ferdinand, modest mouse, arcade fire, sufjan Stevens, Radiohead

Hip hop: eminem, Kanye, run the jewels/el-p, outkast, biggie, Nas, Kendrick

And I've recently been getting into post rock stuff. I really like explosions in the sky and some Appleseed cast - so recommendations in that vein work too.

Taking suggestions now! And obviously suggestions would hopefully have albums that sound great on vinyl - ie: recorded analog not digital.

Thanks to anyone who contributes

Don't know if this is the right section but based on your indie likes I would a recommend a great indie/90s emo band called Sunny Day Real Estate. My personal favourite from this genre ;) listen to the first album "Diary" which is also their best in my opinion! If you're interested in a vinyl pressing, it has been reissued on a 2xlp by sub pop, so no fear regarding the price :)

Don't know if this is the right section but based on your indie likes I would a recommend a great indie/90s emo band called Sunny Day Real Estate. My personal favourite from this genre ;) listen to the first album "Diary" which is also their best in my opinion! If you're interested in a vinyl pressing, it has been reissued on a 2xlp by sub pop, so no fear regarding the price :)

I recall hearing a song or two of theirs and it was a little too lo-fi for me, but if you think I'd like it I'll give the album a shot. 

I agree with "thoughtsky," Sunny Day Real Estate was a great band in my opinion. I have some similar interests as you do, but that really doesn't mean much. Give the Diary album a preview as mentioned. I also really enjoy Built to Spill. Some of their records aren't too hard to come across. My favourite albums from Built to Spill are "Keep it like a Secret" and "There's Nothing Wrong with Love." Give those a shot as well, although you'll most likely have trouble finding "There's nothing wrong with love" on vinyl for cheap.

As for your hip-hop, check: Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Main Ingredient, Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens, Fugees - The Score, Jeru tha Damaja, Percee P should be good for now, there's a lot of ground to cover here.

Edit: Totally forgot about your "post-rock" comment… check out the band Mogwai if you haven't yet.

If you like post-rock, I cannot recommend Tortoise enough. These guys were post-rock before post-rock really even existed the way it does today. Their album TNT is simply phenomenal from start to finish.

For hip-hop, check out Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Luckyiam... They're all very solid and I think you'll thoroughly enjoy them.

Good to see Built to Spill already based off your tastes. I'll second it, but start with You In Reverse.

Perfect From Now On is a flawless album. I always figured nearly everyone thought it was their best until I started posting here and their other records get mentioned more.

@payne: Thanks for the recs. I tried Mogwai but it bored me compared to EITS. I'm not sure why.

@Rspkt: Aesop Rock has a few cool songs but (Greatest Pac Man Victory has that incredible LSD verse) but overall his style doesn't appeal to me. I'll give the others a shot. Specific album rec? 

@Shlebs: I totally listened to that Wrens album in HS and didn't like it, but my tastes have changed a lot since then. I should listen to it. 

For indie stuff, I'd recommend Real Estate, Kishi Bashi, and Shugo Tokumaru (provided you don't mind all of the lyrics being sung in Japanese). All of their releases are pretty easy to find on vinyl, and they all sound great from my experience.

Man I've been trying to find Kishi Bashi's album on vinyl after hearing a few songs of his not too long ago. No record store seems to have it in their system. Might just have to suck it up and find it online. 

Perfect From Now On is a flawless album. I always figured nearly everyone thought it was their best until I started posting here and their other records get mentioned more.

Yeah, personally I'd start with Keep It Like A Secret or Perfect From Now On if you're getting into BTS. Both are damn near perfect indie rock albums. I consider them must-own as far as that genre goes anyway. You In Reverse is great too but I'd start at their roots. I also LOVE their live album if only for their cover of Neil Young's Cortez The Killer. It's a simply amazing song as it was when Neil recorded it but this re-interpretation is dangerously good and definitely deserves serious mention. By far one of my all-time favorite BTS recordings, even if it's not technically original material.

For Aesop Rock, my all-time favorite album is Labor Days, which also saw a recent 2xLP repressing. I understand his style and flow might be hard to digest but if you can really sit down and listen and think about his lyrics, he really is remarkably talented. I would also recommend None Shall Pass which I think is his next best album and a little more recent and probably "accessible" for a new listener. Check out tracks like The Harbor Is Yours to see how really good this guy is at painting a vivid picture and story. Utterly awesome album and both are key parts of my collection.

Perfect From Now On is actually my favorite. It's just that You In Reverse seems to have been tailored for this format and even had that analog recording hype sticker on it. Can't go wrong with any Built to Spill really... I wish they'd press UAW.

Man I've been trying to find Kishi Bashi's album on vinyl after hearing a few songs of his not too long ago. No record store seems to have it in their system. Might just have to suck it up and find it online. 

His label's site, Joyful Noise, has it in plentiful stock on black ($12) and at least a few copies on white ($15), if that helps at all.

151a is in my top 10 albums released in the past 20 years. So good.

Dude. You ROCK. I had no idea it was still in stock. 

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure it is either, because I didn't actually order mine through that site. Joyful Noise is pretty good about updating their inventory on the store, though, so I'm sure they have at least a few copies.

So, uh, here's hoping it's in stock as well.  ;)

(If the label's store ends up being out of stock, I'll see if one of my local shops has a copy. Because I would feel terrible for saying "they're in plentiful stock" if that statement turns out to be total bullshit. Haha)