PO: Eluvium - Catalin (SOLD OUT)

Edit: that was fast. Gone now.

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/catalin1927

"THIS IS A PRE-ORDER!! ITEM WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND JANUARY 31!!

This is an extremely unique, extremely rare item that we are lucky to have to sell to you while supplies last. Recently Eluvium was commissioned to score a new exhibit by renowned installation artist, Charles Long, for The Austin Contemporary museum. This album is a highly limited artifact from that exhibit, pressed in a numbered edition of 300. Each side of opaque cream-colored vinyl features a single, side-long 20-minute composition by Eluvium. The pieces play on a constant loop during the exhibit on these very records, so this is not just simply a record, it's a piece of fine art. housed in gorgeous hand-printed metallic gold and royal purple jackets, each copy also includes a matching screen-printed download card and custom envelope. These are too beautiful for words! For more details on the CATALIN exhibit, visit The Austin Contemporary."

Edited by Bronchitis

I bought it without hesitation. I bought the deluxe Floor record like a minute before I saw that this was available. I have spent too much on records today but oh well. Totally worth it.

Explosions In The Sky + Eluvium = Inventions  

=can't wait.

http://pitchfork.com/news/53568-explosions-in-the-sky-and-eluvium-members-team-up-as-inventions/

Thanks for the post.

Interesting trailer. Not sure what I feel about that, but the idea of these two teaming up does not seem like it could be a bad thing.

I take the description as that it is 2 different 20 minute songs that play over and over again during the art exhibit. It's not going to need to be played like that to enjoy it. So don't let that stop you from buying it. Over 100 sold in a few hours. Only 100 more to go. I think the rest are being sold at the exhibit.

Interesting trailer. Not sure what I feel about that, but the idea of these two teaming up does not seem like it could be a bad thing.

Check out Eluvium - Envenom Mettle from his new album. It has Mark from EITS and the other half of Inventions. That might give you a taste.