+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

Let's see if Derek is on board with changing the title again... if not I suppose I can start a new thread

I think I'm going to take like 20 entries max... then write everyones name on a piece of paper and tape it to my turntable, give it a solid spin and see who my stylus lands on...

Let's see if Derek is on board with changing the title again... if not I suppose I can start a new thread

I think I'm going to take like 20 entries max... then write everyones name on a piece of paper and tape it to my turntable, give it a solid spin and see who my stylus lands on...

Wouldn't that mess up the stylus? Neat idea though. 

I did plan on using this thread to distribute more giveaways in the very near future, but I really do love the idea of a "pass it on" chain of generosity and good feels, where the winner of each giveaway has to start one of their own, after receiving their prize.  Seems like a really cool concept.  Do we make another thread or just change the premise of this one?

I did plan on using this thread to distribute more giveaways in the very near future, but I really do love the idea of a "pass it on" chain of generosity and good feels, where the winner of each giveaway has to start one of their own, after receiving their prize.  Seems like a really cool concept.  Do we make another thread or just change the premise of this one?

I like it. I'd say just altar this thread.

In honor of Derek's new avatar/sig combo, he should giveaway to me a Tycho record. justkidding, or am I?

I actually took advantage of the Best Buy vinyl / refund exploit a while back, and at one point I had a few copies of Tycho's Dive in my recent-order list.  Honestly would've been cool receiving them - especially since they were $8 a piece - and it would've made the perfect giveaway for this thread.  Such a sweet sound, and it's really a shame that more people aren't familiar with his work.  But alas, none of the Dives were delivered.  I did, however, wind up with an extra copy of a record that I plan on giving away in this thread... but that will be addressed later.

Up to you Derek! If you don't feel like messing with it then I can start a new thread.

I really do like the idea of a massive chain of good karma, just to see how long it can go on.  I'd say we can house the giveaway in this thread.  I'll make some revisions to it later on tonight.

THE

GRANDGIVEAWAY

O F     S O M E     M E D I O C R E     R E C O R D S   # 3

///// THE IDEA

This board has seen a lack of Secular Haze and his charity as of late.  And while I don't think any one of us can fill his shoes, I'm at least going to throw out an offer of a similar vein.

I'm trying to clear out shelf space, and have a few albums that I no longer have a desire to own.  My loss is your gain.  I don't feel like dealing with eBay, honestly, so I was hoping to at least pass them on to a fellow VC member who can enjoy them.

I don't have much to offer, and I'll only be listing one at a time periodically.  I usually have spare mailers on hand, and am willing to cover shipping costs.  ($3.00 or so for Media Mail, no tracking or insurance.)  If you're feeling generous and want to kick in a few bucks for shipping, I won't argue with you.  And I guess I'll open this up to international members, on the off-chance that I'm giving away something they can't live without.  But it goes without saying that they'll need to cover the shipping costs.  But I just want these gone, more or less... and for as much as I've benefited from the community over the years, I imagine it can't hurt to give back a little.  It's not much, but I figure it's something.

/////  THE PRIZE

BRAND NEW
Your Favorite Weapon

vinyl_8281_cb12dff921d9ebb8b02aac92a6d49

Castaway is up next, after having won Tokimedo's last giveaway.  He's offering up a copy of Brand New's Your Favorite Weapon.  (Black vinyl, repress.)  Entries will be open until he specifies a cut-off time.  Get your pop-punk fix and experience VC's favorite overrated band -- enter now.

/////  HOW IT WORKS

Atypical from most raffles, I'll be taking all the username of each entree and compiling them into a looped GIF.  The GIF will be posted in advance to each drawing, so that each member can inspect it for shenanigans, if they so wish.  I will be clicking and dragging the GIF at random intervals, 10 separate times.  The frame / username that I drag will get +1 vote.  The best of 10 "drags" will be considered the winner.  I'll be uploading the actual footage of me doing this drawing - for anyone and everyone to see - via a clip of my recorded screen.  If anyone knows of a way that I can share my screen in a live setting (maybe Youtube?), I'd much prefer that.  Seems like it could be more exciting, especially if I announced a set drawing time in advance.

In the case of a draw, a tie-breaker will be executed, and will continue until a victor is determined.

This method is entirely subject to change, and will be tweaked over future giveaways to maximize fairness.