Bully

stl_ben

If anyone is coming to Chicago for Pitchfork weekend, here is some news from Bully:

On the road again..... Friday in Madison , Saturday afternoon Pitchfork , Saturday night at Schubas with Protomartyr (we will have colored vinyl at the schubas show) !!!!!! See ya there !!!!

Bully is also coming back to Chicago to play Lollapalooza and will also have an aftershow (I assume with more vinyl goodies).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well they are on almost every major site/magazines best of 2015 list so I'm sure they have an audience.

There is demand on the secondary market for their stuff because I get PMd all the time from people trying to get me to sell.

And no, repressing something that is in demand isn't a cash grab, it's simply trying to make a living. It's not like these guys are eating caviar and hanging with Jay-z.

Well they are on almost every major site/magazines best of 2015 list so I'm sure they have an audience.

There is demand on the secondary market for their stuff because I get PMd all the time from people trying to get me to sell.

And no, repressing something that is in demand isn't a cash grab, it's simply trying to make a living. It's not like these guys are eating caviar and hanging with Jay-z.

But the album is still in print in standard version. Selling those still makes a living. It's a band capitalizing on their hype.

I am not criticizing them at all. I don't care what they do or how anyone spends their money but don't criticize the next band who does this. Too much ok for this band not ok for this band on the vc (not directed at anyone in particular before vc has a meltdown)

I don't have a problem with this. The old color versions have been sold out for a while. This is readily available on black vinyl but maybe you want a color version of the album without having to pay flipper prices. And it's a new color so the flippers that bought the record just to flip it won't have to lower their prices to flip it. Everyone wins

I'm actually on board with raising prices to discourage flipping. If this were $15, you'd be looking at hundreds of copies immediately going to the second hand market. At $30, hopefully more fans and keepers will opt in and more flippers will sit this one out.

Lol at wanting to pay more to prevent "flippers".  That makes zero sense.  "Yes, I would love to pay more because of other people taking advantage of free market and supply and demand".  I don't flip new releases, total waste of time, but if that's something people want to take a risk on, who cares?  It's like playing the lottery, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I use to be into it, but realized it's not worth my time and energy.