Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park LP

jhulud

Sure, it's not the usual fare for VC. Or at least 99% of VC. But if you get the chance, I highly recommend to you get this. It may be considered country and all, but there is an inherent venomous punk attitude to Musgraves' music. 

DSCN4402.jpg

http://theystillpressvinyl.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/a-little-bit-country/

You can easily find it. So far, Sound Stage Direct has it the cheapest: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/kacey-musgraves-same-trailer-different-park-vinyl-records.shtml

Grabbed this about two weeks ago for my gf, she loves country and I love vinyl, it works. I wish more country albums were pressed. Hopefully soon we'll see more since vinyl is all the rage right now.

It does seem like country artist are still reluctant to press albums.  Maybe most hard core country fans just are not the type to spin records.

Walmart is the biggest retailer of country music and they don't carry vinyl and the majority of country buyers don't buy vinyl, so Nashville doesn't see the need to put out waxl.

That makes sense.  Country also seemed to be one of the first genres to stop pressing vinyl as well, probably for the same reasons.  

Grabbed this about two weeks ago for my gf, she loves country and I love vinyl, it works. I wish more country albums were pressed. Hopefully soon we'll see more since vinyl is all the rage right now.

A lot of country albums are pressed, you just gotta know where to look for them, but Taylor Swift, Eric Church, Sugarland all have stuff out for big country artists, and then you got almost every underground country artist that has any name recognition (Hank III, Justin Townes Earle, Shooter Jennings, Ryan Bingham etc etc) has all of their albums out on vinyl too.

A lot of country albums are pressed, you just gotta know where to look for them, but Taylor Swift, Eric Church, Sugarland all have stuff out for big country artists, and then you got almost every underground country artist that has any name recognition (Hank III, Justin Townes Earle, Shooter Jennings, Ryan Bingham etc etc) has all of their albums out on vinyl too.

I guess I just haven't tried to pick up any country lately then.  I did grab Jason Isbell's new album which is great by the way.