PO: Dikembe - Mediumship

Tiny Engines is the first I've seen to call this type of color a "starburst." I've seen it called x-color w/ y-color "haze" and x-color/y-color a-side/b-side elsewhere. It's all accomplished the same way, though, by placing two or more colored vinyl pucks one on top of the other in the mold, right?

Beyond excited if downloads are really going out tomorrow.

Afaik that's a separate process, as is splatter. Starburst (which has also been used by RFC a lot lately) are very different from the a-side/b-side ones I've seen. I won't claim to know how they do it, they just look different.

To be fair, on the pre-order page & email confirmation for TMP they have it listed as "red/orange starburst".

Regardless, everyone here has lost it though.

So true. I was using selective reading I guess, it says "red/orange color in color starburst". I guess I just stopped reading after color in color. I got the black anyways ;)

Damn, I was hoping we'd get this tonight so I could listen before work. Anyways, can't wait to listen to this on repeat for the rest of the week.

Yea, me too. I rechecked their twitter and it said the downloads were going out "this week". So they will probably give whoever is streaming it some exclusive time with it.

need to listen to this when i get home. Couldn't justify 24€ppd when these went up for preorder, and now kicking myself a bit because of how those starbursts came out. I liked the tracks released so far and think I am definitely picking up a copy from a distro over here if the rest of the album can hold up to the previously released stuff!

WHOA. This is great. I'm so glad that a band I discovered because one of their players is a VC user is getting some recognition (i.e. Pitchfork). Has anyone noticed that Pitchfork is starting to care about more punk/hardcore lately (The Hotelier, United Nations, Dikembe)? Five years ago there would not have been an interview with Geoff Rickly on that site.

WHOA. This is great. I'm so glad that a band I discovered because one of their players is a VC user is getting some recognition (i.e. Pitchfork). Has anyone noticed that Pitchfork is starting to care about more punk/hardcore lately (The Hotelier, United Nations, Dikembe)? Five years ago there would not have been an interview with Geoff Rickly on that site.

Emo revival

I think at least at this point, Hotelier's 8.2 will be the highest the scene will get with no BMMs until the genre gets more and more respect. I would bet on seeing it on multiple staff end of year lists as well as top three on Ian's list.

The site's editors won't allow an emo band to get that privilege until the stigma changes more. This is still a good first step though.