Farrah Abraham - BLOWIN (Official Video)

this girl. I read some article about how her daughter was living in a different state than her. she said something like ‘sophia has her own life, she’s doing her thing and I’m doing mine.’

a baby is doing their own thing??

This is so ridiculous. Now I have less respect for her somehow.

I shouldnt say worst, im not a parent (let alone a parent at the age of 16) so im not really in a place to judge, but that being said, jennelle and her run in with drugs/heroin and jail?  at least she signed custody of her son to her mother in the first season, but the choices she's made... yowza.  another teen mom on the show had drug problems, charges of abuse against her that have landed her in jail... her daughter is with the dad and his family, but watching her through the seasons was like watching a trainwreck happen.  I mean, its crazy how devistating having a child at the age of 16 can be to a young girl, and honestly, watching it has helped me understand how some kids with children act the way they do in regards to authority and future goals. 

http://www.nber.org/papers/w19795

This paper explores how specific media images affect adolescent attitudes and outcomes. The specific context examined is the widely viewed MTV franchise, 16 and Pregnant, a series of reality TV shows including the Teen Mom sequels, which follow the lives of pregnant teenagers during the end of their pregnancy and early days of motherhood. We investigate whether the show influenced teens’ interest in contraceptive use or abortion, and whether it ultimately altered teen childbearing outcomes. We use data from Google Trends and Twitter to document changes in searches and tweets resulting from the show, Nielsen ratings data to capture geographic variation in viewership, and Vital Statistics birth data to measure changes in teen birth rates. We find that 16 and Pregnant led to more searches and tweets regarding birth control and abortion, and ultimately led to a 5.7 percent reduction in teen births in the 18 months following its introduction. This accounts for around one-third of the overall decline in teen births in the United States during that period.