PO: Ryan Adams - Self-Titled 9/9/14

yeah, those shows were just unfocused and sloppy more than anything but so were a lot of the shows when he was playing with The RA Killers, so it's unfair to blame Neal or Spacewolf (RIP) for that.

you can wholly blame Neal for writing turds like Freeway to the Canyon though...

Freeway was added to their setlists upon request from RA, who loves performing that song.

Neal was going to be the Crowes lead guitarist when they came back after they broke up/hiatus and then Ford signed back up at the last moment.

Neal is and awesome guitarist but j can see where some people might not like all the jamming but RA is going to do what he is going to do so no reason to blame Casal.

Exactly. If you don't like the fact that The Cardinals turned into an electric and cohesive jamband for a couple years, blame Ryan's vision, not Neal.

The fact that RA has such diversity (for all of you to argue about) is pretty impressive in of itself. He takes risks with his music, tries NEW things and doesn't just push out the same album over and over! This takes courage. Most artists don't have the guts. I will always love his music, even if its less relevant today, but I celebrate his entire catalog! (minus his last solo flop) - Each album is good in its own right! 

Everyone has different tastes, and being able to gain so many fans with different tastes is impressive ....

The fact that RA has such diversity (for all of you to argue about) is pretty impressive in of itself. He takes risks with his music, tries NEW things and doesn't just push out the same album over and over! This takes courage. Most artists don't have the guts. I will always love his music, even if its less relevant today, but I celebrate his entire catalog! (minus his last solo flop) - Each album is good in its own right! 

Everyone has different tastes, and being able to gain so many fans with different tastes is impressive ....

Agreed.  I love it all.  From the folk acoustic to the jamband to the alt country to the hard rock to the old school punk rock to the metal to the goofy ass DJ Reggie shit.  Dude is literally all over the musical spectrum with his catalog. Much of my favorite things of his entire catalog are his unreleased albums like 48 Hours, Darkbreaker and the saDRAcula albums. 

Agreed.  I love it all.  From the folk acoustic to the jamband to the alt country to the hard rock to the old school punk rock to the metal to the goofy ass DJ Reggie shit.  Dude is literally all over the musical spectrum with his catalog. Much of my favorite things of his entire catalog are his unreleased albums like 48 Hours, Darkbreaker and the saDRAcula albums. 

Yeah I think we all figured, considering your inability to digest any criticism of him or his (boring) guitar players.

• 3 weeks later...

New 7" went up and sold out.

http://ryanadams.shopfirebrand.com/collections/music/products/1984-7

I'm guessing this will be like the Gimme Something Good 7" and will be available everywhere.

i don't think so. it's not album tracks or anything. it's a 10-song 7". i think this one could be limited. they're one-per customer. 

According to this thread, I'm a meatball who expresses churlish and poorly worded opinions, but I'm really digging the new songs. Have a feeling this record will rip.

Haven't really looked around too much, but does anybody know who's playing in his band now?

Thread don't lie. Heard Neal Casal is in the band, stay home.

According to this thread, I'm a meatball who expresses churlish and poorly worded opinions, but I'm really digging the new songs. Have a feeling this record will rip.

Haven't really looked around too much, but does anybody know who's playing in his band now?

cant tell but here's a pic someone at the show posted http://instagram.com/p/qxmP27ATXa/