PO: Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material LP

Kacey Musgraves' new album Pageant Material.

11233511_834257326649045_423629094532590

Track Listing:

1. High Time

2. Dime Store Cowgirl

3. Late To The Party

4. Pageant Material

5. This Town

6. Biscuits

7. Somebody To Love

8. Miserable

9. Die Fun

10. Family Is Family

11. Good Ol’ Boys Club

12. Cup Of Tea

13. Fine

http://www.myplaydirect.com/kacey-musgraves

Would have loved Kacey to release a variant for this sophomore debut. No doubt, there will be some expectations to go with this release..

Same Trailer still gets regular play on my turntable(s), and rightfully so. One of the few bright spots in country music right now. 

Edit: This album is kinda pricey, especially considering her first was regualrly available for less than $15. I'm just happy it is getting the vinyl treatment.

Best act in country.

I take it you don;t listen to much Country? I'd wager Brandi Carlile, Sturgill Simpson and likely a few others are better than her. However, some people think blue is better than red and I;d say they were wrong too. So whatevs. I do enjoy a few of her songs and have almost pulled the trigger on her first album several times.

I take it you don;t listen to much Country? I'd wager Brandi Carlile, Sturgill Simpson and likely a few others are better than her. However, some people think blue is better than red and I;d say they were wrong too. So whatevs. I do enjoy a few of her songs and have almost pulled the trigger on her first album several times.

Her album is good and worth the 12 bucks it costs, but like you said there are many better than her in country at the moment.

I don't, haha. Mostly meant pop-country, but this is the only thing I've heard in the genre that hasn't made me want to pull my eyeballs out. I've heard similar reactions from other people as well regarding her.

Would have loved Kacey to release a variant for this sophomore debut. No doubt, there will be some expectations to go with this release..

Same Trailer still gets regular play on my turntable(s), and rightfully so. One of the few bright spots in country music right now. 

Edit: This album is kinda pricey, especially considering her first was regualrly available for less than $15. I'm just happy it is getting the vinyl treatment.

I really should spin Same Trailer more than I do. I'll be getting this one anyway so maybe I'll spin the first more on the lead up to release day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...