hyperg1ant

PO NOW: Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come

2 hours ago, piky0032 said:

My SRC pre order came in yesterday.....package looks insane

I ended up with the clear/Black but frothing that red press im seeing. Yet to play it.....hopefully it sounds killer

Let is know! I have the MOV Armageddon variant. Sounds fuckin sweet. I'm still on the fence for the red variant.

P.S. Does anyone know if the MOV variants we're also mastered by Stan Ricker?

9 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

MOV have their own master that I'm sure was not done by Stan Ricker. It will definitely sound different and I'm convinced it will likely be better.

Stan was incredible. He cut the best lacquers. The pressing plants (MOV included) are not very good anymore so who knows if the pressings are ever consistently good.

2 hours ago, danny said:

Stan was incredible. He cut the best lacquers. The pressing plants (MOV included) are not very good anymore so who knows if the pressings are ever consistently good.

I'm definitely not trying to shit on Stan. I still haven't received my copy and I doubt I'll try to buy another copy of the SRC edition but someone mentioned the SRC cut having some inner groove distortion and I've not known any MOV cuts to have that so that was the only reason I said MOV's might be better. Still, I have heard neither.

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm definitely not trying to shit on Stan. I still haven't received my copy and I doubt I'll try to buy another copy of the SRC edition but someone mentioned the SRC cut having some inner groove distortion and I've not known any MOV cuts to have that so that was the only reason I said MOV's might be better. Still, I have heard neither.

I've just finished breaking in my new needle. I'll check on that IGD on the Armageddon variant later today.

Gave it a listen. I specifically paid attention to sides 2 and 3. I honestly could not hear any IGD. It's kinda hard to imagine that those last songs on any one of those sides would have IGD. They're practically in the center.

I must add that the attention they paid to the details in the packaging is super. Beautiful gatefold and I love the large fold out inserts as well

Sounded so good had to give my LD50 a spin also.

Now maybe when all these preorders calm down a bit, I'll think about ordering the red variant from SSD:wub: