The Official Horror Thread

Rip

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My girlfriend and I stayed up way too late and drank a little too much last night, but we finalized our October Horror Fest schedule. I'll hide it under spoilers cause it's massive. Preemptively: Yes, I know I'm missing [movie] and yes I know [other movie] sucks or whatever. There's no way to get every movie we wanted to watch or should watch on there. Some movies are ones we watch every year and received priority space. Some movies are there because the fit a mood/tone/theme. Some truly classic horror films were left off because they're not quite "Halloweeny." We are still desperately trying to come up with a third movie to watch on Halloween.

Hide contents

10/1: Hocus Pocus / The Faculty

10/2: Adams Family Values / Beetlejuice

10/3: Crimson Peak / The Haunting (1999)

10/4: Poltergeist / Paranormal Activity 2 (or 3) / Ghostwatch

10/5: Burnt Offerings / Amityville Horror / The Beyond

10/6: The Changeling (1980)

10/7: The Shining / YellowBrickRoad

10/8: Grave Encounters / The Blair Witch Project

10/9: Blade / The Lost Boys

10/10: Let the Right One In / Midnight Son

10/11: Martin / Season of the Witch (1973)

10/12: Nosferatu (1922) / Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)

10/13 : Vampyr (1933) / Shadow of the Vampire

10/14: The Neon Demon / Suspiria

10/15: Hellraiser

10/16: The Omen / Rosemary's Baby

10/17: The Craft / Scream / Ginger Snaps

10/18: A Nightmare on Elm Street / Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

10/19: Tucker and Dale vs Evil / The Cabin in the Woods

10/20: Re-Animator / Trick R Treat

10/21: Zombieland / Dead Alive

10/22: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

10/23: Dawn of the Dead (1978) / Zombi (1979)

10/24: Evil Dead 2 / Return of the Living Dead

10/25: Phantasm / The Dead Zone (1983)

10/26: The Exorcist / Here Comes the Devil

10/27: Berberian Sound Studio / Pontypool

10/28: John Carpernter's The Thing / Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

10/29: Haxan (1922) / The Wicker Man (1973) / The Witch

10/30: Sleepy Hollow / Edward Scissorhands

10/31: The Conjuring / Halloween / ???

11/1: Eraserhead

11/2: Mulholland Drive / Haute Tension

The lack of rob zombie movies, 28 days later, house by the cemetery and cemetery man is a snack in the face :)

12 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

The lack of rob zombie movies, 28 days later, house by the cemetery and cemetery man is a snack in the face :)

We REALLY tried to fit in 28 Days Later and House of 1000 Corpses. Like, no lie we were up for at least an extra 45 minutes like "Fuuuuuuuckkkkkk where do we put them!?" trying to fit those 2 somewhere. Neither of them really work on Halloween night for us though. When we were almost done we realized we forgot Dead Alive, 28 Days Later, Blair Witch Project, and House of 1000 Corpses. Managed to squeeze in DA and TBWP really easily. House by the Cemetery is my girlfriend's least favorite Fulci though, so I got vetoed.

Sacrifices had to be made. I wish we could both just take off work for the month and just watch horror movies all day, every day. Of course even then we'd manage to receive criticism for ones we missed ;)

39 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

We REALLY tried to fit in 28 Days Later and House of 1000 Corpses. Like, no lie we were up for at least an extra 45 minutes like "Fuuuuuuuckkkkkk where do we put them!?" trying to fit those 2 somewhere. Neither of them really work on Halloween night for us though. When we were almost done we realized we forgot Dead Alive, 28 Days Later, Blair Witch Project, and House of 1000 Corpses. Managed to squeeze in DA and TBWP really easily. House by the Cemetery is my girlfriend's least favorite Fulci though, so I got vetoed.

Sacrifices had to be made. I wish we could both just take off work for the month and just watch horror movies all day, every day. Of course even then we'd manage to receive criticism for ones we missed ;)

Let's add 28 days later on the 15th and house of 1000 corpse on the 22nd. Let's make fish boy proud!

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My girlfriend and I stayed up way too late and drank a little too much last night, but we finalized our October Horror Fest schedule. I'll hide it under spoilers cause it's massive. Preemptively: Yes, I know I'm missing [movie] and yes I know [other movie] sucks or whatever. There's no way to get every movie we wanted to watch or should watch on there. Some movies are ones we watch every year and received priority space. Some movies are there because the fit a mood/tone/theme. Some truly classic horror films were left off because they're not quite "Halloweeny." We are still desperately trying to come up with a third movie to watch on Halloween.

Hide contents

10/1: Hocus Pocus / The Faculty

10/2: Adams Family Values / Beetlejuice

10/3: Crimson Peak / The Haunting (1999)

10/4: Poltergeist / Paranormal Activity 2 (or 3) / Ghostwatch

10/5: Burnt Offerings / Amityville Horror / The Beyond

10/6: The Changeling (1980)

10/7: The Shining / YellowBrickRoad

10/8: Grave Encounters / The Blair Witch Project

10/9: Blade / The Lost Boys

10/10: Let the Right One In / Midnight Son

10/11: Martin / Season of the Witch (1973)

10/12: Nosferatu (1922) / Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)

10/13 : Vampyr (1933) / Shadow of the Vampire

10/14: The Neon Demon / Suspiria

10/15: Hellraiser

10/16: The Omen / Rosemary's Baby

10/17: The Craft / Scream / Ginger Snaps

10/18: A Nightmare on Elm Street / Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

10/19: Tucker and Dale vs Evil / The Cabin in the Woods

10/20: Re-Animator / Trick R Treat

10/21: Zombieland / Dead Alive

10/22: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

10/23: Dawn of the Dead (1978) / Zombi (1979)

10/24: Evil Dead 2 / Return of the Living Dead

10/25: Phantasm / The Dead Zone (1983)

10/26: The Exorcist / Here Comes the Devil

10/27: Berberian Sound Studio / Pontypool

10/28: John Carpernter's The Thing / Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

10/29: Haxan (1922) / The Wicker Man (1973) / The Witch

10/30: Sleepy Hollow / Edward Scissorhands

10/31: The Conjuring / Halloween / ???

11/1: Eraserhead

11/2: Mulholland Drive / Haute Tension

Hell of a list man.  Major props for throwing YellowBrickRoad in there.  Such an underrated film.

I will ask though to please explain to me why you're watching The Haunting REMAKE and not the original, lol.

7 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Hell of a list man.  Major props for throwing YellowBrickRoad in there.  Such an underrated film.

I will ask though to please explain to me why you're watching The Haunting REMAKE and not the original, lol.

We watched the original recently

Every year I try to do 31 horror movies in October, most of the time wit success. I often try to map out what i'll be watching, and make weekly themes. This year, the theme is spontaneity. I am not scheduling any movies in advance and will let my mood dictate what I put on. So this morning when I woke up, I wanted something fun. Decided to go with Feast, I hadn't seen it in a while and I can say it still holds up really well. 

1 minute ago, museummouth said:

Going to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre at a drive-in tonight on 35mm. So stoked.

The way god intended it to be seen.

We pregamed for October by watching The Dead Zone and Heathers the other night. Tonight is Hocus Pocus and The Faculty. Gonna be a fun month. A little stressful, but my girlfriend has enough downtime during her evening shifts that she can watch a movie on her phone while I watch it at home.

@Bladewillisisdead inspired me with what he's doing so my fiancee' and I are currently doing something similar.  We put a bit of a spin on it though.

We each picked 15 horror films in secret (so neither of us knew what the other picked) and wrote them on slips of paper that we folded up and put into a hat.  Each day we take turns picking one movie out of the hat at random.  And no matter what it is, we HAVE to watch it.  With our schedules, there will be some days when we can watch more than one, and there will also be other days when we won't get to watch any, so we figured 30 was a good number all-together.  Now if you're wondering: "what happens if you both happen to write down the same movie and one of those is picked?"  Well, we're keeping a log of what we watch anyways, but when that happens, we just make sure to check what we've watched and we'll either pick again, or choose another movie NOT at random to watch, either from our collection, Netflix, or Hulu.

Funny enough, that happened with the very first draw.  I won the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, so I got to draw first and I picked The Wicker Man (the original), which she wrote down, but I knew I also had written that one down, haha.  Last nights was the original Nightmare On Elm Street!  I know we started this whole thing a couple days early, but we couldn't wait.

I've been doing "31 Horror Movies in 31 Days" for a few years now and it's always nice to see more and more people doing it each year. My buddy got me to start and he's been doing it his whole life. Really wish I'd thought to start sooner. For years I'd just watch 3-5 movies on or around Haloween night 

57 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Today we did Adams Family Values. Now I'm watching Curse of Chucky (it's bad) and when my girlfriend gets home after midnight we're doing Beetlejuice. Tomorrow we start the ghost portion of the month.

Curse of Chucky had potential. I wouldn't call it bad, but the low budget really limited the movie. I didn't like how it was 90% confined to the house.

4 days and 8 movies down. Going pretty well this year. We skipped The Haunting because of the amount of alcohol it took to get through Crimson Peak. Absolutely gorgeous film, but wasted on a lame story and bad acting. Which is weird because all of those actors are very good (except Charlie Hunnam...I can't stand him)

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread