seriously fuck eBay and their stupid fucking rules

I got some negative feedback from a dude who didn't pay. I put in the description to please pay within three days of the auction ending. Gave the dude four days and he never paid. So I sent a cancelation request which the dude agreed to. Then he leaves feedback saying that I canceled the auction at the last second as he was trying to buy it. 

Is there a way to get the negative removed since I had in the description to pay within three days?

Complain about speed of 7 days  = dumb

Complain about packaging of a record that arrived mint = dumb

I'm going to disagree with the second complaint being dumb.

If it was packaged poorly and arrived mint, that's lucky.

I would definitely have concerns about future purchases if I knew that packaging may be inappropriate.

He can't leave you negative feedback. Sellers can only leave positive. You should probably change the feedback. After all, what denotes a perfectly packaged record if it came in mint condition, it ultimately was shipped accordingly. Just as is the case with some well packaged records, they can sometimes still be damaged in cargo shipment. It's all the luck of the draw sometimes. Don't leave positive feedback and then crash and burn the guy with your words... There's a reason they have those stars you can rate his shipping speed there. If anything you could have used the "neutral" feedback button if that's the way you truly felt. Oh and could only have docked him for the shipping speed wasn't as advertised. I don't go for that pity party stuff sellers should be well aware of how much shipping costs and if they want to take that into consideration they should think twice especially with a bidding auction. Him proclaiming you got it well below market is horse shit, you are the market and that sale is vindictive of how much that record was worth at that exact moment. 

I'm going to disagree with the second complaint being dumb.

If it was packaged poorly and arrived mint, that's lucky.

I would definitely have concerns about future purchases if I knew that packaging may be inappropriate.

This is what I was thinking. If I had seen something in his feedback that said he did not ship in record mailers, I would've thought twice on bidding.

I've been doing a couple eBay purges a year and I'm at the point where I have to set aside some proceeds to deal with the inevitable complaints. I even put in my descriptions now that no record I sell will be classified as NM since I don't want to deal with complaints on corner dings and would rather take a couple bucks less. I pack like a pro but I'll never ever meet the standards of some people. 

I've been doing a couple eBay purges a year and I'm at the point where I have to set aside some proceeds to deal with the inevitable complaints. I even put in my descriptions now that no record I sell will be classified as NM since I don't want to deal with complaints on corner dings and would rather take a couple bucks less. I pack like a pro but I'll never ever meet the standards of some people. 

I've sold off a good portion of my collection in the last few months and I guess I've gotten lucky.  The only two issues I've had with buyers is things where I did honestly screw up.   I always stay away from using Goldmine Grading terms though just so I don't have issues with nm- to me meaning vg+ to someone else.

I don't care what the fuck way you pack it. I've gotten taped-up discarded cardboard abominations that came mint and solid by-the-book mailers that housed damaged records. If we're talking feedback, damaged record = bad, as-described = good. If you bought a 'mint' record and it came perfectly mint but in a shoebox, why would you bother complaining about the shoebox?

I've sold off a good portion of my collection in the last few months and I guess I've gotten lucky.  The only two issues I've had with buyers is things where I did honestly screw up.   I always stay away from using Goldmine Grading terms though just so I don't have issues with nm- to me meaning vg+ to someone else.

That's weird logic... usually if two people are going off Goldmine Grading they agree to Goldmine terms?

I find this kinda dumb. Why aren't sellers allowed to give negative? Shouldn't they be allowed to warn other sellers to stay away from the person in the same way buyers can?

Totally agree. I once left positive feedback but told the truth about how I the buyer was a headache and they got it removed from eBay customer service whatever. But it'll defeinitely work on the newer users who are trying to take advantage of the game.

I don't care what the fuck way you pack it. I've gotten taped-up discarded cardboard abominations that came mint and solid by-the-book mailers that housed damaged records. If we're talking feedback, damaged record = bad, as-described = good. If you bought a 'mint' record and it came perfectly mint but in a shoebox, why would you bother complaining about the shoebox?

Agreed! A rose is a rose is a rose