seriously fuck eBay and their stupid fucking rules

I would understand where the buyer was coming from if A) he had contacted me personally first or B ) he wasn't given a tracking number.

I still have the post office receipt and the customs form that has the declaration of what's in the box and the tracking info shows that it is steadily making its way to him.

For him to not even give me a heads up stating his concern and then to just go and freeze my account is complete BS.

The good news is that the guy from ebay told me that once the tracking shows it has been delivered, they will side with me no matter what. It's just that it may take up to 30 days. His claim is that the parcel has not arrived. Not that it's not as described.

If I'm not mistaken, he would have to take pictures proving that it's not as described in order to claim that.

I would understand where the buyer was coming from if A) he had contacted me personally first or B ) he wasn't given a tracking number.

I still have the post office receipt and the customs form that has the declaration of what's in the box and the tracking info shows that it is steadily making its way to him.

For him to not even give me a heads up stating his concern and then to just go and freeze my account is complete BS.

The good news is that the guy from ebay told me that once the tracking shows it has been delivered, they will side with me no matter what. It's just that it may take up to 30 days. His claim is that the parcel has not arrived. Not that it's not as described.

If I'm not mistaken, he would have to take pictures proving that it's not as described in order to claim that.

what they're saying above is that even thought you can show him that you wrote '1 whatever whatever guitar' on the customs receipt, you could have actually put 30 dead cats in the box and he would be none the wiser until it got to him and they opened the package to find 30 dead cats instead of the guitar. sounds like he is just covering all his bases just in case.

i dunno. this is why i avoid buying or selling on ebay.

meh, fuck him. find someone, anyone, in germany and purchase something, file a paypal dispute, get item for free. try to get something of same value though.. the ebay revenge system should not be abused so respect the rules.

seriously though.. it sucks, but he may only be like wtf?!? 10 weeks!!!?? i mean you know its land shipping or whatever for the US but id be fuckin surprised if it didnt change for oversea. if I was to write someone to know wheres my shit and be told "well, cant you read, its on a boat somewhere and will arrive within 3 months, now go suck a dick you illiterate german scum"  i would seriously fuck your week... you wouldn't know what hit you.

back to the point though.. he may be like wtf and thinking he might be getting scammed so hes protecting himself. If everything goes well, he will cancel the dispute when the package gets to him. If not, fight as good as you can and make sure you fucking ruin his week. theres are lots of creative ways of doing so. 

How many days exactly has it been since it's been "shipped."

This is why I only ship overseas using eBay's International program.  Once it has arrived to the local hub I don't have to worry about the shipment from there to the other country!

Also how has that worked out for you? No complaints so far? have you been getting positive feedback as well? The tricky thing with that program and the reason I won't use it is because yeah, they say once it arrives to the shipment facility in Kentucky USA it's all good from there, it's noted as "taken care of and received by eBay." However. If they receive the package and is in crap condition because of the "repackaging" that Pitney Bowes (the eBay shipping company) does to some packages, that buyer can still claim "massive damage" from shipment and you'd end up either giving half a refund or giving a full refund in exchange for your item being shipped back, albeit damaged...

Anyways that is just my fear. If your experience has been good, that's good for you and I may experiment with cheap records.

This is why I only ship overseas using eBay's International program. Once it has arrived to the local hub I don't have to worry about the shipment from there to the other country!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite of this. eBay repackages your item, and then won't take responsibility for doing so once it arrives damaged or in not-as-described condition when the buyer receives it, and forces you to "work it out" with the buyer (i.e. refund them). Some guy posted a bunch of YouTube videos that were posted on here about it not too long ago.

as a buyer I would have done the same thing. Paypal only gives you 40 days after the purchase to report anything wrong or a package not arriving . Regardless that you are saying its in transit its not in the purchaser's hand and He probably doesn't want to lose 600 either. Like people said in previous posts anytime you are sending anything out of your country you are rolling the dice. and you should have known the paypal 40 day policy and made it mandatory to have the item shipped out with an expedited service. 

Yes, would have done the same...it IS a shitty situation at the moment, but will resolve to the OP's favor when the package arrives! And as you further stated, one doesn't see the what has been shipped where; only THAT something has been shipped to some place in Germany.

I totally understand the buyer as he/she isn't willing to lose so much money as well! If the package already arrived in Germany, I'm 100% sure that it is sitting at the customs as we speak! They're so lazy that the processing the package (or at least a letter that the package is at customs) takes longer than the actual shipping itself!

I have shipped hundreds of records and received almost thousands to/from almost everywhere in the world and literally had like 3-4 problems! Normally, everything works fine!

This makes me really angry tbh.. I come from

Germany and when I hear that many people refuse to ship overseas because of such assholes like your buyer I start to shiver. Many times I have been depended on nice people like you who are willing to ship overseas and I was always really thankful! Half of my boysetsfire collection came from overseas and I wouldn't have any chance of completing this when everybody refused to ship overseas.

When it arrives and he still doesn't want to close the case give me his address and if it everywhere near my hometown I will give him a visit..

If you need any help translating just shoot me a message! Maybe you should try to email ebay Germany. I had a problem similar to this last year and even if you speak German they do shit. That customer service is shitty

I've had several problems very similar to this with German Ebay buyers.   Buyer buys cheapest shipping through Canada Post, 4-6 weeks later opens an Ebay.de case.  The good news is the first 4 times this has happened the buyer got their item shortly after and closed the claim.  The fifth time was yesterday and the buyer just burned me for $5 for a 7" and $8 for shipping so I'll get over it.   The fact that your order is tracked should make sure that you are covered.

For people that criticize the choice of a 8-10 week wait for delivery.  That is the length of time that Canada Post surface mail takes.   To ship an LP internationally , It costs roughly $9 to send out an untracked surface package, $17 for airmail, $33 for tracked surface and $54 for tracked airmail.  It cost almost double to ship a double LP.  I can only imagine what it costs for a guitar.

This could happen with to anyone and not only with German buyers..assholes live in every country. I'm not a proud German or something but as I never had problems like this and wouldn't even think of acting that stupid I don't like reading that people here start to generalize like that.

This makes me really angry tbh.. I come from

Germany and when I hear that many people refuse to ship overseas because of such assholes like your buyer I start to shiver. Many times I have been depended on nice people like you who are willing to ship overseas and I was always really thankful! Half of my boysetsfire collection came from overseas and I wouldn't have any chance of completing this when everybody refused to ship overseas.

When it arrives and he still doesn't want to close the case give me his address and if it everywhere near my hometown I will give him a visit..

If you need any help translating just shoot me a message! Maybe you should try to email ebay Germany. I had a problem similar to this last year and even if you speak German they do shit. That customer service is shitty

thanks for the offer.  now it's just a waiting game to see what happens.  but i seriously appreciate you offering to help.  and if this goes sour and you want to punch the dude in the head for me, that would be sweet.

but they'll pay $600 for a guitar?  I call bullshit on that

in the auction i gave options for the buyer to pick from surface, airmail, or fedex express.  he chose surface.  all options include tracking, so from my perspective, i honestly couldn't give 2 shits which one he chose.  i obviously never expected this as i clearly stated the shipping time estimates.  surface was $100, airmail was $220 and fedex was $350.  my assumption is that it either wouldn't pay for him to buy a used guitar off the net if it would cost over $200 to ship, or he couldn't read english.  or he's a scammer.

i seriously doubt i will ever use ebay for anything this high price ever again, and def not international.  or i force courier service.

if the piece of shit would just send me a message back saying that he will close the case once he gets it, i would be happy at this point.  its the fact that he won't respond at all thats stressing me out.  its a lot of fucking money!

In my auctions I always say "I will ship internationally, BUT you MUST use Ebay's Global Shipping Program.  I've sold everything from a 7" to that stupid Macklemore box set, and have never had an issue.  Before I started using it, I called ebay for more information, and they said as long as it gets delivered to Erlanger, KY (I think), it's in their hands.  (I recorded the call just in case....technically illegal I know) so I always pay for tracking and insurance if its over $100.  If you pay for tracking, once it gets shipped overseas, the ebay hub updates a new international tracking number. Also, ALWAYS check the buyer's feedback before you ship it.  If they have even 1 negative feedback, I'll cancel it.  Also, they have to have over 20 positives LEFT for the seller that they bought from.  It sucks that a few bad apples spoil it for alot of our international friends, but that's the way it goes.