shit people say that you can't stand

Yo, is anyone going to explain what the fuck "yinz" means?

It's like a Pennsylvania "y'all" but instead of being short for you all, it's short for "you ones." Yinz.

My wife hates is so much.

Alternately spelled yins.

It's actually a Pittsburgh thing. Nobody else here in PA says that except the people out in that region of the state.

I have also never heard a single person ever say that being completely serious. It's really just something we say when cracking a joke about people from that region. "He's a yinzer"

It's actually a Pittsburgh thing. Nobody else here in PA says that except the people out in that region of the state.

I have also never heard a single person ever say that being completely serious. It's really just something we say when cracking a joke about people from that region. "He's a yinzer"

Wife is from Pittsburgh so that explains it. Her mom's bf says it for real!

Yes all of this. 

Philadelphia folk say 'yous' 

I am very guilty of 'ya'll' and I don't know where that came from because no one out here says that.

I dig American Football, but I have to say Brand New are definitely overrated.  I've got a nostalgia boner for the first two album, but c'mon guys. Reeeeeally? I'm with Spooky Mulder on this one. ;)

Correct thread for the use of this term.

Kyle - two syllables

Karl - one syllable

What? Kyle is just one syllable surely? It's not Ky-ul.

Mine is "this is what you get when you meet a stranger in the Alps." (Instead of "Fuck a stranger in the ass") from The Big Lebowski

The best I remember is the TV edit of the Exorcist - "your mother knits socks that smell".