shit people say that you can't stand

this happened to me.  same with the word salty.

i am so goddamn salty all the time.

This word always pisses me off because I always here people use to describe things that are stupid, bad OR to say that they're angry about something.

But in Jennifer's Body, salty is used to describe someone who is really attractive.

JENNIFER'S BODY IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Not a verbalized thing, obviously, but I can't stand when people put two spaces before the following sentence after a period. You aren't using a fucking typewriter, get over it and live in 2014.

Nah, fuck that.  I've only got 3 years on you, so you were probably educated with similar "typing rules" in your youth.  It's something that was instilled in my keyboard tendencies at an early age, and now it just feels wrong to only use 1 space.  I can't say I've ever read into it with anyone else, though.  I feel like if you're sitting there and counting the amount of spaces between each sentence - that a complete stranger is typing up online - and then proceeding to get butt-hurt about it... you've probably got some issues, and shouldn't be browsing the internet to begin with.  There are far more atrocities online than an extra tap of the spacebar.

Nah, fuck that.  I've only got 3 years on you, so you were probably educated with similar "typing rules" in your youth.  It's something that was instilled in my keyboard tendencies at an early age, and now it just feels wrong to only use 1 space.  I can't say I've ever read into it with anyone else, though.  I feel like if you're sitting there and counting the amount of spaces between each sentence - that a complete stranger is typing up online - and then proceeding to get butt-hurt about it... you've probably got some issues, and shouldn't be browsing the internet to begin with.  There are far more atrocities online than an extra tap of the spacebar.

What you're saying can be applied to anything in this thread, and essentially negates having feeling toward anything, as there is always going to be something worse. Why care about the terms our friends use when they're not hurting anyone? For fun, and we all have our quirks. It was not directed at you, man. I just think it's easily noticeable, unnecessary with today's technology, and I can think of no major publications that practice the two-space (and all but one style guide advise against it), so it's just superfluous and needs to go the way of the dodo. The only reason I brought it up is because a coworker ranted to me about it today and I agreed with her. Thought it kiiiiinda fit into this thread. It'll die off eventually as time moves on, just like the big, ornate letter at the beginning of sentences did, and cursive will. 

My girlfriend hates the words "moist" and "panties."  She especially hates it when I ask her if she has "moist panties."

I know a lot of girls who hate the word moist too, must be baked into their genes haha. I also hate the word belly and I was trying to tell a friend about the two and it just... hurt my teeth to say. I had to prepare to say the P word, I can't even imagine muttering "moist panties" hahaha

What you're saying can be applied to anything in this thread, and essentially negates having feeling toward anything, as there is always going to be something worse. Why care about the terms our friends use when they're not hurting anyone? For fun, and we all have our quirks. It was not directed at you, man. I just think it's easily noticeable, unnecessary with today's technology, and I can think of no major publications that practice the two-space (and all but one style guide advise against it), so it's just superfluous and needs to go the way of the dodo. The only reason I brought it up is because a coworker ranted to me about it today and I agreed with her. Thought it kiiiiinda fit into this thread. It'll die off eventually as time moves on, just like the big, ornate letter at the beginning of sentences did, and cursive will. 

I didn't think the post was directed at me, so no worries there.  (Not sure how or why it would be.)

But griping about an extra space is nowhere near the same as griping about homophobic remarks or ridiculous pronunciations.  Not in my books, anyway.  Is the whole "double space" thing still being taught in school?  I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually phased out cursive - since it really is pointless - but it seems like a lot of modern literature still uses two periods between sentences.  I'd be really surprised if that was going anywhere anytime soon.