The Ex-Girlfriend (or Boyfriend) Thread

@fairmount you didn't fuck her friend?

Oh no I dated her friend after all of that because lol. And then ex-girlfriend flipped even more shit, and was raising hell. Her dad called the cops on her, and she tried to OD again.

The night she found out, she called me yelling (More so than before. Like you know the band father figure? That's what her yelling sounded like on the other side of the phone), and wanted to show up at my house trying to take the PS3 back that she gave me. She then cut herself and sent me pictures of it.

That story makes me feel extremely normal. Which is good. Or maybe guys like crazy and I'm doing that wrong? I'm not going to stab my phone no matter how mad I get, that's too intense.

Sorry, there really is no point to my post.

No, nothing about this kind of crazy is attractive. Rage induced frenzies are not a-okay with me.

Are they mutually crazy? Lol. At least I wouldn't get called boring like I did with my last ex.

It's possible.  I know that guys can get pretty dramatic, too.  And as far as relationships go, I'll take someone who's "boring" and maybe even "too" level-headed over a girl who'll cut herself to get my attention.

It's possible. I know that guys can get pretty dramatic, too. And as far as relationships go, I'll take someone who's "boring" and maybe even "too" level-headed over a girl who'll cut herself to get my attention.

Very true. I dated a guy who would get so depressed he would talk about suicide but then say he was too scared to do it and then the following week would want to move in with me. Thank god I didn't move in with him.

Lots of "he threatened to kill himself if I left him" type shit.

Has that ever worked in the history of ever?  "It was funny, your father actually threatened to cut his wrists when I told him that I wanted to see other people.  What was I supposed to do?  I'm glad we stuck it out, because everything smoothed out and we got married shortly after."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not an ex-boyfriend, my boyfriend now. But we broke up for a period of time then we get back together. Met him at my gym and he pestered me into giving him my phone number. We start a text conversation over the next 14 hours. A few weeks after we broke up I realized I had left a few things at his house and needed them back. I arrange to go get them and while there making awkward small talk he blurts out, "I was going to lock the door behind you and rape you so you'd take me back..."

Not an ex-boyfriend, my boyfriend now. But we broke up for a period of time then we get back together. Met him at my gym and he pestered me into giving him my phone number. We start a text conversation over the next 14 hours. A few weeks after we broke up I realized I had left a few things at his house and needed them back. I arrange to go get them and while there making awkward small talk he blurts out, "I was going to lock the door behind you and rape you so you'd take me back..."

Quality first post. Why is he your boyfriend now? I would've ran straight away and never looked back

Alright. I am going to spill. F it.

I have some shitty shitty ex stories. I will start with This.

I met this ex, we will call him J, through a mutual friend. It was a really shitty time of my life and I was a total hopeless romantic and so let's just say I was at a pretty vulnerable place.

J knew how to say all of the right things. I fell for him. We were together for a little over a year and a half off and on. It was really unhealthy. He had serious self confidence issues and threatened to hurt himself when I broke up with him in the middle, and got guilted into being with him again.

Things got crazy. He said he wanted to marry me. I told him I was not ready at all. (I was 21 at the time.) I went to be a counselor at a camp and when I came back I found out he had asked my dad's permission to marry me. (to which my dad had said "FUCK NO". haha)

I told him that wasn't cool and he agreed and apologized but then talked to my friends behind my back about how pissed he was that I didn't take his side. When I confronted him about it, he apologized but kept talking shit. So I told him I needed time to think about our relationship.

This is when he went batshit crazy. He would show up at my work with notes to give me when I wouldn't come out of the office to see him. He would call me over and over. He would text me asking where I was. This was all within TWO days after I said I needed some space. The next night he showed up at my doorstep at 1 AM with a blackeye and completely trashed. He said someone in the park just sucker punched him. I didn't believe him and finally realized.... This guy is crazy.

Anyway we broke up. He kept calling me with suicide threats. It was awful because I still cared about him. So I called his family to let them know.

A couple years later he wrote me this long letter explaining that he had been an alcoholic and was on drugs. Wow. I had really bad judgement, because I seriously had no idea.

Ya I know. Cool one.