PO: Chevelle - Wonder What's Next - SRCvinyl

I just hope this sells well enough create demand for SRC (or anybody, really) to press the rest of their discography.

This Type of Thinking is far superior to Wonder What's Next in my opinion.

that seems to be the general consensus. I havent listened to TTOT in full but I absolutely love Wonder What's Next.

that seems to be the general consensus. I havent listened to TTOT in full but I absolutely love Wonder What's Next.

My only real quarrel with WWN is that it's one of Chevelle's less adventurous albums. They do some pretty cool stuff on TTOT and Sci-Fi Crimes.

I do love One Lonely Visitor, though. Brilliant song.

One Lonely Visitor is probably the only Chevelle song I distinctly do not like.

Chevelle has remained pretty consistent in their sound since WWN, but I guess you could say it's pretty by the book.  Dat Bass Doe.... I've ruined a few (shitty) sound systems/headphones playing Comfortable Liar too loud, hahaha

Yeah, I know a lot of fans don't like One Lonely Visitor. I think Pete's voice really delivers when they tone it down a little. Bend The Bracket, Highland's Apparition, the quieter parts of Clones, Twinge.

There's a video on YouTube of Pete playing Highland's Apparition, and the crowd is either talking over him or yelling for Forfeit or something. Bugs the hell out of me.

Family system is amazing, I love the guitar.

And I dont know why nobody ever mentions Vena Sera. Saferwaters has to be my favorite Chevelle song.

Vena Sera is my favorite Chevelle album--difficult to describe why but in my opinion, it's their most melodic/easy-to-sing-to, driving album.  But it also has an awesome heaviness to it that counterbalances those qualities.  Interestingly, it also appears to be the least favorite album of most Chevelle fans.  

Vena Sera is my favorite Chevelle album--difficult to describe why but in my opinion, it's their most melodic/easy-to-sing-to, driving album. But it also has an awesome heaviness to it that counterbalances those qualities. Interestingly, it also appears to be the least favorite album of most Chevelle fans.

exactly.

My least favorite has to be Hats off to the bull. Ive only heard like half the album but I only like the one single. Forget what its called but its whatever song they released first.

exactly.

My least favorite has to be Hats off to the bull. Ive only heard like half the album but I only like the one single. Forget what its called but its whatever song they released first.

Hats Off to the Bull is totally Wonder What's Next 2.0, I would be legitimately surprised to find anyone who liked one but not the other.

Hats Off to the Bull is totally Wonder What's Next 2.0, I would be legitimately surprised to find anyone who liked one but not the other.

I may have to give it another spin, but from what I remember it really didnt strike me as anything special. Compared to the rest of their work.

And also, seeing as the best chevelle songs seem to be ones that no one knows about, I may have to pick up the CD and listen to it front to back.

And also, seeing as the best chevelle songs seem to be ones that no one knows about, I may have to pick up the CD and listen to it front to back.

Bingo.

Hated HOTTB at first (apart from a few choice tracks). I definitely came around after a few listens. Still not my favorite, but The Meddler, Arise and Clones are some of their best songs to date.

La Gargola is slowly growing on me. Definitely their wildest album so far. Pick it up if you haven't. :)

Bingo.

Hated HOTTB at first (apart from a few choice tracks). I definitely came around after a few listens. Still not my favorite, but The Meddler, Arise and Clones are some of their best songs to date.

La Gargola is slowly growing on me. Definitely their wildest album so far. Pick it up if you haven't. :)

Have to keep those songs in mind when I get around to listening to it.

And yes, I picked La Gargola up. I absolutely love it. Ouija Board and Twinge are my jams right now.